Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 10:41 PM

114 posts, read 605,208 times

Advertisements

I have two cats.... A 7-year-old (Milo) and a 7-month-old (Simba). I’ve known Simba since he was 5 days old. He does the oddest thing with his toys though and I’m curious as to why... I often find his toys soaking wet and just recently I’ve watched as he took his toys in his mouth, dropped them in his water dish, swatted them around for a few minutes and then dropped them on the floor next to his dish.

He likes to play fetch and getting a wet toy dropped on me isn’t always pleasant.

Anyone have any idea why he would be doing this? Other than the fact he’s an annoying little sh*t (that I love more than anything)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 01:04 AM

7,414 posts, read 12,770,935 times
A while back I posted a similar question: My parents' cat, a British Blue, used to plunk chunks of kibbles into her water bowl, apparently just to see them float around. Then she'd pick up a couple with her claws, and leave them on the floor. She wouldn't eat them. But as the water became muddy, she didn't want to drink it, either, so there didn't seem to be any logic behind the kibbles-dunking. Maybe she just did it for fun? Same as your Simba?

Old 03-20-2015, 01:53 AM

13,495 posts, read 18,273,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty0604 View Post
I have two cats.... A 7-year-old (Milo) and a 7-month-old (Simba). I’ve known Simba since he was 5 days old. He does the oddest thing with his toys though and I’m curious as to why... I often find his toys soaking wet and just recently I’ve watched as he took his toys in his mouth, dropped them in his water dish, swatted them around for a few minutes and then dropped them on the floor next to his dish.

He likes to play fetch and getting a wet toy dropped on me isn’t always pleasant.

Anyone have any idea why he would be doing this? Other than the fact he’s an annoying little sh*t (that I love more than anything)

Is it possible Simba is sending you a message about your housekeeping?

Old 03-20-2015, 05:50 AM

4,620 posts, read 15,040,180 times
Here's a previous thread about the toys in the water dish thing ...
https://www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...ter-bowls.html

As you'll see, many of us have the same type of silly kitties!

Old 03-20-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Is it possible Simba is sending you a message about your housekeeping?
Quite the opposite I often get commented on how my place doesn’t “smell like cat.” I’m a bit of clean freak and have allergies so vacuuming etc several times a week is a must!

Thanks for the replies. I didn’t bother to look at the forum before I posted myself.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
A while back I posted a similar question: My parents' cat, a British Blue, used to plunk chunks of kibbles into her water bowl, apparently just to see them float around. Then she'd pick up a couple with her claws, and leave them on the floor. She wouldn't eat them. But as the water became muddy, she didn't want to drink it, either, so there didn't seem to be any logic behind the kibbles-dunking. Maybe she just did it for fun? Same as your Simba?
I’ve never had an issue with him putting food in the water. However, he does dig all his food out of the bowl and pile it up on the floor next to his bowl. At first I thought it was the brand of cat food but he’s done it with every brand.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:28 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,458,897 times
This behavior is covered in the Official Housecat Handbook, in the Self Entertainment chapter... sub-heading 'Confusing Your Human'.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:14 PM

8,827 posts, read 21,345,033 times
My wonderful old cat Sophie loved the very colorful Good Life dry cat food. That is , she liked every bit of it except one morsel. To me they all seemed to be the same, but I guess they weren't because she would meticulously pile the square brown ones in a big pile next to her bowl (as if to say, I told you I didn't like these) .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-20-2015, 06:23 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,458,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
My wonderful old cat Sophie loved the very colorful Good Life dry cat food. That is , she liked every bit of it except one morsel. To me they all seemed to be the same, but I guess they weren't because she would meticulously pile the square brown ones in a big pile next to her bowl (as if to say, I told you I didn't like these) .
That's amazing (& pretty funny), but somehow doesn't surprise me very much.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:06 AM

This is my first experience owning my own cats. It’s been interesting to say the least.

Milo was an only cat for 6 years and he hates Simba. I wonder if he’ll ever get to like him....

Thanks again for the replies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats