Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 09:22 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times

Advertisements

My DH and I are the main feeders but the girls do it too sometimes. They can be fed at 3 p.m. and when the girls get home from school around 3:30 they start screaming at them about how we have starved them all day, not petted them one bit and stepped on their tails 100 times since they left for school. ALL LIES!!!!

They are very vocal about and it is hard not to believe them. Sometimes I feed them at 5 and the minute DH walks in the house they start telling him horrible tales along the same lines. The trouble is we all know the truth but they somehow are so convincing that they get another meal and extra pets from the family members gullible enough to listen and believe. And they only tell on me--never other family members. Why am I the bad guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 09:35 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
My DH and I are the main feeders but the girls do it too sometimes. They can be fed at 3 p.m. and when the girls get home from school around 3:30 they start screaming at them about how we have starved them all day, not petted them one bit and stepped on their tails 100 times since they left for school. ALL LIES!!!!

They are very vocal about and it is hard not to believe them. Sometimes I feed them at 5 and the minute DH walks in the house they start telling him horrible tales along the same lines. The trouble is we all know the truth but they somehow are so convincing that they get another meal and extra pets from the family members gullible enough to listen and believe. And they only tell on me--never other family members. Why am I the bad guy?
Because you come here and tell the whole world the truth about these bad, bad, bad kitties.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:39 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,864,172 times
You know they can read. Why are you ratting them out on C-D? Are you a glutton for punishment? ;-)

Of course they lie. They are the inventors of lying! Mine does the same thing and then acts like she doesn't know me when the kids are around.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:50 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Yup-they lie on the bed. They lie on the floor (especially where you are walking), they lie on the couch. etc. etc.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Many cats are gluttons (I know mine are) and if they think they can get another sucker...er...I mean someone else to feed them, they are going to work them over. And when someone else does feed them, that reinforces the fact that it WORKS so they are going to keep doing what works.

Cat

Old 04-08-2014, 09:52 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Sure they do. We can openers aren't supposed to be smart enough to figure out what little con artists they really are.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:22 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
West Coast kitties do the same thing.

No matter how fat their belly, they claim to be near starvation, but the scale tells the truth (oh dear, time to toss it).

Old 04-08-2014, 10:27 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,551 times
yeara ago I had a calico cat who was a total liar. I'd take the dogs and go away for a few days of camping and when we returned the scene went something like this:

ME: Hi baby, I missed you.

CAT: Missed me? What do you mean? Were you gone? I hadn't noticed.
Stomps off in a huff and ignores me for several hours.

ME: Fine. Be that way. See if I care.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:44 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,236,907 times
I wouldn't call it lying, they're just very, very good at training you to do what they want. Its a hard blow to our egos, to be played by our pets.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:56 AM

24,471 posts, read 10,804,014 times
SO tells them that they are lying dogs. No matter what - the garage door goes, he comes in - they sing the song of the poor, poor starving kitty.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:31 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,601,272 times
Of course they lie! Society attributes femine personality to cats for a reason. The more accomplished at lying, the slinkier they can move. Ever see a truly clumsy cat?

I havent figured out where they keep all that extra food, cause they surely cannot actually keep it all inside. My 5lb cat will eat 20-30 lbs in a sitting and still complain my wife forgot to buy food that week. Me? I tell that kitty to come back when she weighs 3 lbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats