Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2014, 10:54 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times

Advertisements

I hope you are all having a nice day or Easter if you celebrate it. Kitty Katty and Charlie are doing just fine, nothing to report.

I will say that Mr. Charlie does seem to be growing up a little more and Kitty Katty has taken back his rightful place on my lap and in front of my keyboard. He had backed off for quite a while after we got Charlie and has now taken back ownership of his human. (ME!)

We are getting ready to go on a cruise the first of the month and my friend who normally would take care of the kitties when we are gone is pregnant, so I told her I did not want her to have to take care of them because she shouldn't be scooping the litter.

We have hired a pet sitter who works with the rescue where we got both kitties. I have never dealt with using a pet sitter so I don't really know what to ask her. I will say what she said she does; feed the kitties and clean the littler box, stay with them and play/love them if they allow it, adjust lights, pick up mail, water plants, etc.

The only thing we need her to do is take care of the cats because we stop our mail and I kill plaints on my own so we have none.

Is there anything else I should ask about? We will have her come out 2x a day even though we feed the cats 4x a day. That will be an adjustment for them. She charges $15.00 per visit.

Charlie just gave me the love eyes.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 11:56 AM

1,059 posts, read 830,516 times
Happy Easter to you and your family.

It sounds like you have everything covered.

As a former pet sitter (thinking of doing it again), don't be shy about asking the sitter to do anything (make sure to leave emergency telephone numbers, veterinarian's contact information, etc.). Most important to me is that the sitter play with the kitties, spending about 45 minutes total each visit. Sending you a daily email with photos and any news is very thoughtful. I missed my two kitties when I used to travel for business, so having (and being) the best trustworthy caretaker set my mind at peace.

Enjoy your holiday.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:07 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,988,840 times
Have a Happy Easter and I hope all works out will with the sitter.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:48 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,366,101 times
Hope you won't be gone too long.... will miss the KK & Charlie updates.

Have a Happy Easter & a safe trip.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:52 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,067,462 times
what? No pictures of KK with his Bunny Ears?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats