Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 08:51 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
True!

I've never had a cat who played with her drinking water. They have sat on the tub in between the shower liner and curtain when I've showered. that's the extent of their water play.
One of my girls, Angel, has done that a few times. Sort of creeps me out a little bit (like reminding me of Hitchcocks Psycho movie).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 10:31 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
True!

I've never had a cat who played with her drinking water. They have sat on the tub in between the shower liner and curtain when I've showered. that's the extent of their water play.

In our old place, Elvira used to sit on the side of the tub when I took a bath and play with my toes. She would put her paw WAY in the water. And I take HOT baths. One time she slipped and joined me in the tub. You would think that was the end of her play-but it wasn't. She was back the next day.

She doesn't do it any more because I now I have a claw foot tub and there is no place for her to sit on the side. Josette used to climb on the sink and look at my toes in the tub but never really played with them like Elvira did.

Oh, and as for carrying around toys, we have a whole lot of crocheted balls that my mother made as Christmas tree decorations-and she made A LOT of them. Both Elvira & Josette love them and carry them all over the house-Josette more so. It was funny because I gave them about 2 or 3 of them but I kept finding more. I realized that Josette found a box that they were in and kept bringing out more. We must have about half a dozen.

I find a lot of them all over the house and often on the bed (like I did this morning). I don't know if she is bringing me a gift or taking her teddy bear to bed with her. I think it is more the latter. Electra could care less about them. She prefers Q-Tips.

Cat

Old 07-25-2016, 08:31 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,747,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
You know how it is with store-bought cat stuff. They may want to check it out, or even like it, but they aren't going to let you know that. Most of the toys I've bought for the cats laid around for weeks before they took any notice. Boxes or paper sacks... occupied as soon as they hit the floor, every time.
One of my new kitten's favorite toys is a clear plastic tub and two ping pong balls. I turn the tub upside down over the balls, make them go 'round and 'round, and she goes nuts.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
One of my new kitten's favorite toys is a clear plastic tub and two ping pong balls. I turn the tub upside down over the balls, make them go 'round and 'round, and she goes nuts.
Yep, good example of makeshift toys being the best thing ever, more times than not.

Old 08-25-2016, 04:51 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,236,733 times
Palm fronds are my cats' favorite toys, once they actually started yelling when I brought them in. There was a tree outside our apartment and I would cut the fronds for them. They also like empty boxes and the dogs' crate. The other day a repairman was coming so I told the dog to go to bed and latched it. Oops! I failed to check, Orion was in it, LOL

He's the fishercat, he would put his toys in his water dish when he was a kitten. He did it so often I had to wash his sponge ball because it began to smell funny. And he refuses to drink water unless it is moving so we have a fountain and a regular water bowl. Joe I think is related to raccoons, repeatedly dunks his paws in the water bowl then licks the water off.

Life is always interesting with 'the crew,' =)

Old 10-24-2016, 06:55 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Tux passed a couple hours ago at the vet (kidney failure, anemia). Hopefully theres a giant water dish for him to play in on the other side. He was 6 years old.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Tux passed a couple hours ago at the vet (kidney failure, anemia). Hopefully theres a giant water dish for him to play in on the other side. He was 6 years old.
So very sorry for your loss. I'm sure he has all the water bowls he could ever want at the Bridge.

My heart goes out to you.

Old 10-25-2016, 01:38 PM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
I am so sorry to hear about Tux. Of course he will get all the water he wants to play with. Hugs!!!

Old 10-26-2016, 03:52 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Quote:

I am so sorry. (((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )

Cat

Old 10-26-2016, 04:00 PM

17,211 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Very sorry about Tux, 6 is pretty young for kidney failure in a cat. Looks like he had a good life with you, if not a long one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats