Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 09:27 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,457,555 times

Advertisements

i need to get a cat..

anyway what was with the mom leaving the kid laying there and running? im sure she was going for a bat or something i just found it weird she didn't immediately pick him up in case the dog charged again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 09:47 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
This article says the dog was a Labrador-chow mix.

They describe a great bond between the boy and cat that started the day the boy was born.

The cat would sleep in the crib with him.

And the parents aren't upset with the neighbor. They're my kind of people.

Quote:
The boy's mother said on Facebook: 'We aren't upset with our neighbors, we're just thankful our son wasn't injured more... Our cat is my hero!'

Read more: Boy saved by cat from dog attack sleeps through first interview | Mail Online

Old 05-15-2014, 09:51 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,232 times
Evidently, that dog was known prior to have a strong dislike for small children on bikes. And for that, Sparky needs to die.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:38 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,246 times
Hero Cat Throwing First Pitch at Minor League Baseball Game | TMZ.com

And the aftermath. Cats are the greatest animals on this earth. I'll always have one.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:23 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Amazing you can construct such an informed opinion knowing nothing about the dog, its owners, or their histories.
I stated it is "my opinion", I do not see what you do not understand about that, unless opinions are not to be given?

My opinion is absed on being around dogs for decades, and unfortunately being around dogs in third world countries that exhibit similar behaviors because the owners purposely do this to make guard dogs out of them, and in those countries observing the numerous homeless dogs around and their behavior.

Loooking at the dog in the video, even that short moment exhibited familar traits with the scenarios I stated above.

But all my opinion, as I clearly stated.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:41 AM

346 posts, read 498,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
This shows that cats can be, and often are, ever bit as protective of their families as dogs. They are much more social creatures than people give them credit for.
I love dogs, and I'm sad for this one. He will in all likelihood be put down because of his owners ignorance/lack of responsibility. I don't care what breed they are, dogs are not born 'viscous'. I truly hope this dogs' owners are held accountable for what happened, because they are the ones really responsible.
So well said, I agree 100%.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I was viciously attacked by a dog when I was a child, and it didn't phase me one bit. I was still loving dogs, all dogs, everyone's dogs, in every situation, like it never happened. I didn't even have a problem with the particular dog who attacked me. I'm not saying this child might not be afraid of dogs now, but it's entirely possible that's the extend of it. Kids are more resilient than people give them credit. Having adults freak out doesn't help. My parents were cool as could be about it. That's what helps kids take things in stride. Fearful, upset adults make it harder for children to get over things like this.
So was I. Twice I was bitten as a kid, the first time I was pretty little and it was about as bad as this. I'm still a dog lover and I still learned the difference between being careful of other people's dogs and being fearful of all dogs. Hope for the same outcome for this kid. I agree it has a whole lot to do with the parents' attitude about it.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:57 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Appears to be pit bull mix.

What a fabulous cat, though.
The news reported as Lab Chow mix according to the owner. Thats why the breed/type isnt in the news. If it was a Pitbull wed all know about it in every headline. Time to ban labs now eh ?

Old 05-16-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
The news reported as Lab Chow mix according to the owner. Thats why the breed/type isnt in the news. If it was a Pitbull wed all know about it in every headline. Time to ban labs now eh ?
Absolutely... You better believe PITBULL would be in every headline. In HUGE, bold fonts. And the story then wouldn't be so much about the hero cat, but made about the nasty, vicious pitbull. I'm really sick of the breed hate.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:39 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
No, just chows!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats