Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 03:02 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times

Advertisements

Preface: My friends dad passed away last Friday and her dh called me in the middle of the day and asked if I could take care of the cats. I always take care of her cats, no problem. Then he called and said they were all out of food, could I go get some also.

So we went and got the food the kitties eat and we have been going out every morning and evening to feed them and clean their litter boxes and play with them.

She has three cats. One of them is very frail and has lost a lot of weight and takes thyroid medication. She has put on a few lbs but is still frail to me compared to our healthy kitties.

She has been fine all week and I spent a lot of time there this morning doing some cleaning and things like that so they wouldn't have to worry with it when they got home this evening.

I went and bought a terrarium for her this afternoon. A small one with plants in it. I went to drop it off just a bit ago. I set it on the counter and heard the kitty meowing. She walked towards me and was half way falling over. She looked dizzy or like she was having neurological issues.

I am very concerned for this cat. I had to call them and they are almost home. I hated to bother her with it after the loss of her dad and their long flight home today but that cat needs medical care.

I made sure to say it over and over. She did not seem to want me to take it to their vet and they are almost home, and I just kept saying she needs to see someone. I am hoping they get home and rush her in.

I feel so bad that the cats have been doing fine this whole time and she was even fine just a few hours ago and now she is in this shape. I have no idea what is the matter with her!

Please say some kitty prayers for Tigger..... I hope she is ok. My friend said it is time for her to have her levels checked. Maybe it has something to so with that and it is a side effect they have exp before.

I have no idea. =(
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 03:43 PM

12,250 posts, read 2,966,052 times
Sounds like kitty may have had a stroke, especially if affected on one side. It happens, but sometimes, just like humans they can survive. I hope everything works out the best it can.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:57 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,424,313 times
You're a good friend to these people and their kitties! I really hope she's OK. I'll be anxious to hear how things go for her.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:58 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times
Could be something they have dealt with before, and were wanting to see for their selves rather than imposing upon you to deal with a vet visit. As already said, it could have a stroke, or perhaps her condition is worsening and coming to the end, and your friends wanted to spare you that. I hope that isn't the case, and that she'll be ok. Keep us updated if you can.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:36 PM

I offered to take her to the vet and they said they were going to wait and see her. She called me as soon as she got home and asked me what happened and the amount of time between when I left this morning and when I got there this afternoon.

She called me as I was typing this. Seems she had a blood clot which caused a stroke. She was much worse by the time they got home. There was 45 minutes between the time I called and when they got home.

The vet is keeping her overnight and going to try and warm her up. Her temp was at 95, very low. She has an iv.

My friend will let me know tomorrow how she is doing. I have been so worried about that kitty. I know I didn't do anything wrong but I just felt really bad. My friend was so happy I had stopped by her house because they had planned on doing a bunch of running around but they came straight home instead.

I guess I was there for a reason....... Please continue to pray for little Tigger. I will keep you posted on how she is doing.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:15 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times
Nothing for you to feel bad about.

All ten paws here crossed for Tigger.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Nothing for you to feel bad about.

All ten paws here crossed for Tigger.
Thank you!!!!!

Old 05-21-2014, 07:41 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,424,313 times
Sending positive thoughts for Tigger! The internet is a funny thing. You worry about cats you don't know that belong to people you don't know. But whatever, I'm hoping for a good update on her.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:21 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,088 times
You are a dear to not only take such good care of her kitties but to also let her know her baby was so ill. No doubt she would have wanted to spend some time with her "just in case" the news turned out to be bad - after just having lost her father - and I'm just so very glad that you were there when you were to see Tigger. For her to approach you while she was feeling that badly - she was asking for help. I will absolutely keep her and her family in my prayers - and I hope that her vet can do something to help her and make her comfortable. Sending all of you a hug and many healing thoughts and prayers.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:34 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,991,727 times
Purrs and prayers for poor little Tigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats