Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 10:50 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,528 times

Advertisements

6 signs your cat owns you - Pets - Family-Parenting - MSN Living
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 01:32 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Well, I certainly aced that one. A strong 6 out of 6 (and I could probably add a few more to the list).
So, yes, I'm owned by my cats. But that's really no surprise to me... been saying that for years. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:58 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,088 times
Yup...guilty - and I could also come up with a list of more offenses!!!!

Old 05-23-2014, 02:21 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
I flunked. None of those apply to Bobbles. She'll eat anything. She readily moves herself. I don't buy many cat toys because she has proven she prefers to play with people things. No cupboard filled with cat stuff. Phone has a few photos, that's it. There is one HUGE water dish in the kitchen. It's good enough because she's a big water drinker and she loves a big dish.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:07 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,528 times
Yeah, I had to post that article I guess, because it sparked some emotions due to my Ex girlfriends 3 fur balls. I miss em REALLY bad ( even more than her ) since they had a way of dictating my routine from the time I got home from work, til I put my head on the pillow. It's been a almost a year since I left due to intolerable issues. Have you EVER had a cat perch on the back of your computer chair, and harass you to go to bed? Scruffles would sit on the back with his paws on my shoulders and bat my ear and meow til I gave up, then FOLLOW me to make sure I went to bed?! If I became stubborn, he'd jump on my laptop and traipse back and forth across the keyboard while staring at me!! Ice Cream,anyone??? Yep, I had to share my bowl with ALL of them!
Chubbles, a Siamese would take command of my lap if I sat down for 10 sec, and pass out in another 10 sec! Gizmo would pounce from the entertainment center all the way to my belly as I lay on the sofa, and look like, "what up"??? Then there was Schroede ... R.i.p. buddy ... Was a FAT gray buddy (35lbs) who was afraid to try to jump on someone's lap. Well, I cured him, and couldn't keep him OFF!
Damn, I miss em' all and it's been a almost a year now.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:36 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
1. The Cat Eats What the Cat Wants to Eat

Only if they are not feeling well. If they are off their normal dinner, then I'll try to find anything and everything just to get them to eat something. In fact, I have a cat right next to me who is eating bits of cheese, hot dog and some of my cooked chicken in a bowl because he has decided that he doesn't want to eat. He didn't even want the milk out of my cereal bowl...that's saying something. But he did start eating the cheese/hotdog/chicken concoction - which is truly disgusting.

2. You Don’t Move the Cat — Ever

Oh yes I do. In the past I would lie or sit in the most uncomfortable positions so as not to disturb the royal family, but then I realized, I do all of the work around here, they don't do jack. They get moved now.

3. You Just Keep Buying Cat Toys

No. I've bought a lot of cat toys in the past, most of which the cats couldn't be bothered with. I have now become more creative and started using things that people normally throw away, and turn them in to cat toys. I even took a cardboard box one time, cut a circle in one side of it, gift wrapped it, turned it upside down and told the cats that was their play house. They loved it.

4. There’s a Cupboard Full of Cat Stuff

A drawer full, not a cupboard full.

5. Your Phone Is Full of Cat Photos

When I used to carry a wallet around I would put in photos of my cats. When people showed me photos of their kids, I'd show them photos of my cats.

6. You Maintain Multiple Water Sources

This is true. Two sources upstairs, two sources downstairs....I mean, God forbid they have to walk from the living room to the kitchen one whole room away!

Old 05-23-2014, 05:51 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Yup-I'm totally owned by my cats.

Dogs have owners but cats have staff. I am definitely cat staff.

Cat

Old 05-23-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I had to post that article I guess, because it sparked some emotions due to my Ex girlfriends 3 fur balls. I miss em REALLY bad ( even more than her ) since they had a way of dictating my routine from the time I got home from work, til I put my head on the pillow. It's been a almost a year since I left due to intolerable issues. Have you EVER had a cat perch on the back of your computer chair, and harass you to go to bed? Scruffles would sit on the back with his paws on my shoulders and bat my ear and meow til I gave up, then FOLLOW me to make sure I went to bed?! If I became stubborn, he'd jump on my laptop and traipse back and forth across the keyboard while staring at me!! Ice Cream,anyone??? Yep, I had to share my bowl with ALL of them!
Chubbles, a Siamese would take command of my lap if I sat down for 10 sec, and pass out in another 10 sec! Gizmo would pounce from the entertainment center all the way to my belly as I lay on the sofa, and look like, "what up"??? Then there was Schroede ... R.i.p. buddy ... Was a FAT gray buddy (35lbs) who was afraid to try to jump on someone's lap. Well, I cured him, and couldn't keep him OFF!
It shows by the way you wrote about them that you loved them very much, and miss them dearly. Do you not have any furkids now? If not, maybe it's time to bring one or two into your life.... just sayin.

Loved the part about Scruffles telling you to go to bed. Hilarious..

Old 05-23-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
1. The Cat Eats What the Cat Wants to Eat

Only if they are not feeling well. If they are off their normal dinner, then I'll try to find anything and everything just to get them to eat something. In fact, I have a cat right next to me who is eating bits of cheese, hot dog and some of my cooked chicken in a bowl because he has decided that he doesn't want to eat. He didn't even want the milk out of my cereal bowl...that's saying something. But he did start eating the cheese/hotdog/chicken concoction - which is truly disgusting.

2. You Don’t Move the Cat — Ever

Oh yes I do. In the past I would lie or sit in the most uncomfortable positions so as not to disturb the royal family, but then I realized, I do all of the work around here, they don't do jack. They get moved now.

3. You Just Keep Buying Cat Toys

No. I've bought a lot of cat toys in the past, most of which the cats couldn't be bothered with. I have now become more creative and started using things that people normally throw away, and turn them in to cat toys. I even took a cardboard box one time, cut a circle in one side of it, gift wrapped it, turned it upside down and told the cats that was their play house. They loved it.

4. There’s a Cupboard Full of Cat Stuff

A drawer full, not a cupboard full.

5. Your Phone Is Full of Cat Photos

When I used to carry a wallet around I would put in photos of my cats. When people showed me photos of their kids, I'd show them photos of my cats.

6. You Maintain Multiple Water Sources

This is true. Two sources upstairs, two sources downstairs....I mean, God forbid they have to walk from the living room to the kitchen one whole room away!
I really need to do that. I would love to see the looks on peoples faces when I roll out a couple dozen pics of my 'kids'. Probably a good way to get rid of people I don't want to talk to.
For the record, I don't have any cat photos on my phone, but do have around 9,000 or so on a couple of hard drives. Don't ask me why I have so many, as I really don't know. Just can't help myself.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:29 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Such sweet memories! Go get yourself two cats! When my ex-husband and I broke up, he asked me to go to the shelter with him to pick out a cat. He didn't like cats when he met me, but he became a big fan after living with my Persian. He picked out a large orange tabby and they were fast buddies. The tabby would lay across his shoulders around his neck like a scarf. He could walk anywhere and do almost anything with his cat like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats