Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 07:01 AM

35,095 posts, read 50,947,054 times

Advertisements

Everyone in this home whether two legged or four slept through it all.
We are a pretty exciting household let me tell you, the party never ends. (the sleeping party that is)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 07:20 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,590,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Everyone in this home whether two legged or four slept through it all.
We are a pretty exciting household let me tell you, the party never ends. (the sleeping party that is)
I hear slumber parties are all the rage!

Old 07-06-2014, 11:09 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,237,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Awwww, that's too bad. I don't mind fireworks at all on Independence Day (or a rain day like tonight), but around here some people start them on July 1st and continue them until mid-July or even later. I guess I am an old fart because I DO mind when people do that ... last night someone did some at 1 a.m. -- I was up so they didn't really bother me, but I felt bad for anyone (or any kitty) who was trying to sleep.
If I had my way, there would fireworks allowed on the 4th only. I think one day of it is enough. Where I live they are legal to sell/shoot from around the 1st thru the 4th, and I dread it every year. While I don't agree with my town's policy, I will give them credit for enforcing the deadline. All fireworks are to cease at midnight on the 4th, and the local police are pretty good about writing you up & confiscating your fireworks for violating it. Fireworks aren't allowed here on New Years Eve (thankfully), but doubt it would be much of a problem anyway. On that day it's usually sub-freezing with snow/ice on the ground and not too many people out & about.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:28 PM

18,432 posts, read 34,215,793 times
Charlie has finally gotten back to normal.... as normal as can be for Charlie!

Old 07-06-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Charlie has finally gotten back to normal.... as normal as can be for Charlie!
That's good to hear. Hadn't thought about it before, but I imagine that any stress/anxiety might tend to worsen his symptoms a little, or maybe it takes him a little longer to calm down. Anyway, glad he's ok.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:36 PM

18,432 posts, read 34,215,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
That's good to hear. Hadn't thought about it before, but I imagine that any stress/anxiety might tend to worsen his symptoms a little, or maybe it takes him a little longer to calm down. Anyway, glad he's ok.
I'm not sure if it did or not, but he certainly was off longer than KK.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:51 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,570,227 times
My kitty and my dogs ad my horse all spent the day much as they spend every other day. None of the holiday noise really bothers any of them but then they don't are about thunderstorms either.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:15 PM

I'm wondering if age doesn't play a part in being frightened of thunder/fireworks, etc., at least for some cats. Of the 5 I have now, 3 are affected by loud noises. One of them (Gypsy) has always been spooked by noise, even when she was kitten. The other two, Angel (11) & Sheba (9) really weren't bothered by it at all until about 2 or 3 years ago, when they started to hide whenever t-storms rolled in. They seem to get a little worse about it every year. I know they key off of me and my body language, and I've learned to stay calm and act as normal as possible when a bad storm is happening. Don't know if it helps them much, but I don't want to add to their stress.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:32 PM

11,900 posts, read 8,218,690 times
My two middle-aged girls seemed to take it in stride. Guess they've been there, done that.

In fact we had a booming thunderstorm the other night and as I went to bed I looked out on the open front porch and there sat the more skittish of the two apparently watching the rain and lightening. Now that surprised me!

Old 07-06-2014, 06:26 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,930,023 times
The kittens weren't bothered at all and sat in the living room window to watch the neighborhood jerks.

Momma, Charcoal and Lily were hiding in their respective favorite "you can't get me" secret "hidey-holes".

Unfortunately, fireworks (except aerial) are legal here. However, jerks still set off aerials and the police don't do a *#&@ thing about them. It's a nightly ka-boom fest here leading up to the 4th.. and after......and lasts until past midnight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats