Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2014, 03:52 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times

Advertisements

Two Faced Cat Venus: Feline Becomes Odd Mixed Breed - NewsOXY
Quote:
Two Faced Cat Venus – It’s hard to imagine a two-faced cat with different eye color and fur. These felines are rare, so meet Venus. This adorable stray cat has black fur with a green eye on one side, and brown fur with a blue eye on the other.

“One theory about Venus’ appearance is that the two-faced cat is her own twin,” News Max reports. “Venus is thought to be a chimera cat, with cells containing two types of DNA, caused when two embryos fuse together,” the site said. This feline is so popular, she has her own Facebook page with more than 225,000 fans...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 04:39 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Venus really should have been named Gemini. But, she is pretty.

I used to have a white cat with two different color eyes-and he was deaf.

Cat

Old 07-12-2014, 05:28 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Venus really should have been named Gemini. But, she is pretty.

I used to have a white cat with two different color eyes-and he was deaf.

Cat
It's also not unheard of to have an all white cat with different colored eyes that's only deaf on the side with the blue eye.

What I find very striking about the two-toned Venus is how sharp the color line is & how it's nearly perfectly centered on her face. I imagine it's like having 2 cats in 1 when looking at her from one side or the other. A very special cat indeed.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:20 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
I saw this picture last week. The cat is beautiful. It's amazing what genetics can create.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:43 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,621,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
It's also not unheard of to have an all white cat with different colored eyes that's only deaf on the side with the blue eye.

What I find very striking about the two-toned Venus is how sharp the color line is & how it's nearly perfectly centered on her face. I imagine it's like having 2 cats in 1 when looking at her from one side or the other. A very special cat indeed.
She is beautiful. It almost looks like someone went into Photoshop with how perfect and centered that line is. I know that this isn't the case - Hopes is right, genetics are amazing! Special cat.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:22 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post

I am aware of that. He was also sterile which is also common with cats like that-but he was fixed anyway. It was only because of his orange eye that he wasn't a true albino.

Cat

Old 07-13-2014, 11:57 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,609,827 times
Yes, I was going to add that I bet kitty is deaf on the side with the blue eye.

Still, they adjust pretty well, especially if they are kept indoors or only allowed outside on an enclosed patio or run.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:24 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,621,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I am aware of that. He was also sterile which is also common with cats like that-but he was fixed anyway. It was only because of his orange eye that he wasn't a true albino.

Cat
Really? That's interesting to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats