Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 12:46 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times

Advertisements

I'm reading these posts with tears in my eyes.... :*(
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 06:13 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,618,694 times
Beautiful dream. I'm so sorry about your loss and I'm glad both of you are in peace.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:14 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
I've never had Weasie appear in dreams per se, but I did get a "visit" about eight months after she passed away. On the verge of waking up one morning, I heard and felt a cat jump on the bed from the side away from windows. Blaliko and Seteria were outside at the time, and I sensed it wasn't either of them. The cat feet approached my head from the right side - without opening my eyes, I mentally turned and saw Weasie! She stopped just short of where I would have been able to reach her without changing my position. In my "waking dream" I heard myself saying, "Weasie! You didn't die?!!! Wait until I call the vet's office and tell them..." Then I woke up and of course she was gone.
Frequently at first, then more recently much less often, I get other "reminders" that she's out there in some form or other. In the beginning it could be anything, from a patch of sunlight where none could conceivably have come in the house to a shedded cat claw suddenly appearing on a floor. Lately when something unexplainable does happen it's in the form of a stationary object, never breakable, on a counter or shelf abruptly crashing to the floor/rug with no visible cause.
And - I landed a new job this week through neighbors a block away, who I never would've gotten to know had it not been for Weasie making many visits to them throughout her life.

The OP makes me wonder about the whole Rainbow Bridge idea that everybody likes so much. When a pet who's been in more than one household dies, and a previous owner ("owned human") has also left this life, does only part of its spirit move on to greet that person? I don't buy into the concept because I think it invites a popularity contest. Weasie's outgoing ways and notorious scamming behavior won her dozens of fans, just how many I may never know. To this day people remember her to me in conversations. Do I think this means that if one of her followers dies, she'll go off to greet them and forget about me? Nope!
Perhaps in the spirit world it doesn't have to 'either/or'. A pet who has had more than one loving human in its' life might well greet all of them at the Bridge. I'm not much of a 'spiritual person, so I don't know. But I'd like to think that may be the case.
If one believes in the human concept of heaven, then there must be the ability to reunite with more than one loved one who has gone before. If heaven exists, and I'd like to think it does, I hope I don't have to choose which beloved family members I get to see again, to exclusion of the others. Can't see it working that way, and I think the same applies to our pets.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:03 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Then, after 10 agonizing days, he simply showed up in the backyard, and seemed content to stay...
When he was PTS, I told him he was going to see his Esther again, and his paws worked and he purred and smiled. I know he went back to his mama, but never forgot me. Its a gift, too know there is indeed a life beyond this one
This may sound scary, but at least one of us remembers that disappearance (and his leaving the house overnight once subsequent to that.) I'm starting to feel like I "go back" with some of the folks here!

It bears repeating - possibly, to some, for the umpteenth time - that Weasie was half of a two-fer in a surprise early Christmas gift. Her brother, who I named Puppy, was also part of the "package." Their mischievous antics and deep affection livened up the place that winter. "I have stories." Because my neighborhood is host to a bird population that's at least 98% nuisance species and urban survivors - and it's ridiculously cat-friendly - I've never had qualms about allowing the felines who own me to go outside. My mistake with Puppy was not that I didn't wait until he had a good sense of where home was. He and his sister should never have had their demands (complete with peeing on carpets and shredding wallpaper) agreed to before they had ID tags. This slip-up wouldn't have prevented Puppy from vanishing without a trace one day as a blizzard descended. But he might well have been traced back to me had he had some on. Weasie knew she'd seen the last of him, even as I printed flyers and waited for return calls from shelters and assured her everything would be fine. She phased from high anxiety into intense grief after about a day and a half. That went on for almost three weeks - then she visibly "snapped out of it" one evening and reverted to her hyper, gregarious self.
As the last moments of her two decades on Earth ticked by, I petted Weasie in my lap at the vet clinic after she'd been sedated for euthanasia. She was lying on her side quietly, having permanently turned off her purr motor a few days before. When she abruptly raised and turned her head, I whispered, "Do you see Puppy? He's been waiting for you. Go to him now. I'll somehow get by and I'll meet you both again someday." Whereupon she uncannily was able to extricate her right front leg from underneath herself, raise it with no effort, and lay the paw diagonally across my right forearm just above the wrist. Then all four feet started kicking - the vet said Weasie had entered a dream state where she was running. I kept encouraging her to follow the light and reunite with her brother. Once all was still I knew that even as her body kept up its hopeless struggle against liver cancer her spirit had moved on. That struggle would soon be mercifully ended; I told the vet I'd opted out of staying for the physical end of Weasie's life because I knew "she's not aware of me any more." Knowing that she and Puppy would be back together again helped me to leave the clinic wet-eyed but with a big smile on my face.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:22 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
A sad and beautiful story. Weasie was special and I would love to have known her.
Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:29 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Awww, precious Marshmallow. I dream about my darling Maggie from time to time. I still miss her so much since her passing in May. My precious bunny-soft kitty. Hugs to all of you who are missing your babies.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
.....Once all was still I knew that even as her body kept up its hopeless struggle against liver cancer her spirit had moved on. That struggle would soon be mercifully ended; I told the vet I'd opted out of staying for the physical end of Weasie's life because I knew "she's not aware of me any more." Knowing that she and Puppy would be back together again helped me to leave the clinic wet-eyed but with a big smile on my face....

God opened the gates and Weasie ran in...... her brother waiting just inside for her arrival. They will be there, waiting, when you arrive Goyguy.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:22 PM

There is a Rainbow Bridge page on Facebook you may want to check out. https://www.facebook.com/groups/rainbowbridgecats/ Sometimes it helps when we can share our grief with others who understand.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:29 PM

Marshmellow is renewed, young and healthy again and in the arms of an angel.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:26 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,394,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Marshmellow is renewed, young and healthy again and in the arms of an angel.
Thanks so much for the beautiful picture! Marshmallow was black and white, like the kitten in the picture! Strangely, it looks a lot like my dream. Marshmallow was running in an open field, then ran into some bushes, much like this picture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats