Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 02:43 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,598 times

Advertisements

I am sure you all read my note about rescuing two cats from the trash tank. This is about Dizzly -Gray. I am kind of worried. Since two days She is hiding in dark places. But coming out to eat and using the litter box. After we went to vet as he said both are healthy and given the injections what kittens need to have. Duke and Dizzly are kind of getting good. Also my old aunty cat Miley is trying to cope but seems she prefer to be alone. But my young guy Diesol is totally friendly playing with them teasing them run behind them, it is like play ground some times,

Behavior of Dizzly I am kind of worried. Should I go to vet or should I wait some time?
Is it possible they hide like that with a new place ?
They are now passing two weeks by us.

Your feed backs are welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 07:33 AM

2,978 posts, read 3,924,896 times
If she is eating and using the litter box, I would hold off on a vet visit. She may still be scared and need more time to adjust. Her whole world has been changed, and two weeks isn't a lot of time.

If possible, can you read or spend some time in the room where she is, to let her get used to your presence and voice. Some people like to have a television on to have a human voice in the room.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:44 AM

There is a store cupboard build up under the stair case there she is ,, so basically me and my daughter always present there in living room. I am keeping a record to see the difference as you say may be she needs bit of more time to adjust. Or may be shocked can too after what happened.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:41 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Bobbles hid a lot her first few weeks at our house. Dizzly will adjust and come out more.

Whenever you do have the opportunity, it's important you hold her and cuddle her as much as possible because these are the weeks that help tame her.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Bobbles hid a lot her first few weeks at our house. Dizzly will adjust and come out more.

Whenever you do have the opportunity, it's important you hold her and cuddle her as much as possible because these are the weeks that help tame her.
I do that seems she like to get brushed more often. yes I think so too may be she need more time. But you know I am worried when she hides. now sitting on the bench and looking at me while cook.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:31 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
As the others have said, give her a little more time to get comfortable in her new home. She's been through some big changes in her life, and some kitties will take longer to adjust than others. Just make sure she's eating good & using the litter box normally. Her confidence will grow and you'll start seeing more of her as she gets a little older. Some extra play sessions with her might help that.
She could also be experiencing some mild after effects of her vaccinations, which should pass quickly. Keep an eye on her, but try not to worry too much.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
As the others have said, give her a little more time to get comfortable in her new home. She's been through some big changes in her life, and some kitties will take longer to adjust than others. Just make sure she's eating good & using the litter box normally. Her confidence will grow and you'll start seeing more of her as she gets a little older. Some extra play sessions with her might help that.
She could also be experiencing some mild after effects of her vaccinations, which should pass quickly. Keep an eye on her, but try not to worry too much.
Eating drinking and use of litter box go very well. I have a feeling the shoe box in the cupboard might interested her. Let me be patient. OOh I wish they can talk some times.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:30 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
OOh I wish they can talk some times.
I think I'm better off they don't. I think Bobbles is plotting to take over the world.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:59 AM

Quote:
I think I'm better off they don't. I think Bobbles is plotting to take over the world.
ha ha yeah they would command us too with what they want at some point I say male cats

Old 10-08-2014, 10:36 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
Quote:
I don't know, you might find a conversation with Bobbles quite interesting.
Then again... maybe not. I suspect Bobbles might tend to be a bit...' bossy'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats