Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 03:36 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,542,738 times

Advertisements

I was thinking it would be fun to hear what people think is their cat's most unusual habit/behavior.

My cat is 19yo and I've had him since he was 8 weeks old. I was very affectionate with him from the first day I got him, holding him like a baby, touching his paws, cuddling him, etc. I didn't really give him an opportunity to be aloof. He is quite docile, and didn't seem to mind it, so it worked out fine. To this day, he has no problem being held with his stomach facing up like a baby.

But the one thing that has stayed the same over his entire life is that given his own preference, he will always choose to be next to me rather than touching me. He will gladly sit on the couch next to me and let me pet him, but he does not like to be on my lap.

In my bed, if I pull him over to me and hug him, unlike some cats who will then curl up against you, he will pull away every single time and move himself just a couple of inches away- not touching me. Throughout the night, he sleeps on a blanket on the corner of the end of my bed- again- likes to be near me, just not touching me.

Anyway, what is your cat's most unusual habit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 04:11 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
My smaller red cat will not come to his food bowl at feeding time unless I track him down and carry him to it.

He has me trained very well

Old 10-11-2015, 04:17 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
I seem doomed to have uncuddly cats.

I Skype my BFF often and watch as her two snuggle, kiss, rub up against her, desperate for her attention.

Then I look at mine sat beside me on the couch all "Do Not Touch".

Oh well.

I've adopted a big fat calico and I've been trying to get her weight down.

Well imagine my delight when she's suddenly showing a playful side after weeks of being a sleeping lump.

She will do that funny arched back stance while staring at me wildly, just desperate for me to chase her.

I flinch and she FLIES into the air and runs around in a circle like a mad thing. Sometimes she tears out the back and lies down with her tummy up so I can rub it (she will only allow tummy rubs on concrete - I have no clue why!).

Repeat as many times as you can stand.

She's snoozing beside me on the sofa right now. Its touching because I lost my much loved furbaby 2 months ago and its the same spot she slept too. Near me but not on me.

My last baby's strangest habit - a small thing - but when she slept on my bed, she ALWAYS had one front paw stretched straight out. Always. She used to growl at things too, like a dog. I knew before someone knocked at the door because Coco growled!

God I miss her...

Old 10-11-2015, 04:20 PM

3,528 posts, read 3,731,599 times
My cat is incredulous when it comes to any type of food I'm eating. He's so curious, he will jump from on top of the refrigerator on to my back while I'm sitting at the kitchen table. I am dead serious. And he makes the landing, too.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:29 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,555,450 times
Golie sips water from his paws. He's like a tiger. Loves water. He will also lay upside down within your two hands and take a bath. He sleeps in the kitchen sink.

Babie-boo will swing upside down (tummy up) in plastic bags as you swing her.

Both are gargoyles, who hang around all day with their eyes in demure, waiting for a treat.

And like bats, they will sit on my office chair, Golie in my lap and Boo on the high back as I move it back and forth.

gotta love cats.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:58 PM

78 posts, read 77,452 times
My cat loved to be kissed and held, also if it was bedtime and I put him in position for bedtime, he would actually stay just like that. Most cats don't like that. If I said 'you want mommy to hold you?' He would get up on hind legs and paw my knee looking up at me, then he would ride on my shoulder just like a baby. He melted my heart because he thought I was his mother literally.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:05 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
Me and Coco used to spoon.

God I miss that. Every night i fell asleep spooning my furbaby.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:28 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,422,758 times
One of my cats is especially fond of fishing pole type toys, which I keep in a drawer so they can't play with them unsupervised. But he's gotten so he doesn't want to play unless he can take one out of the drawer himself. I open the drawer, and walk a few feet away to "straighten something on a shelf" until he pulls out his toy and starts walking away.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:28 AM

5,010 posts, read 10,690,867 times
Elvis spoons me. I've had cats all of my life and E is the first cat to ever spoon me.
Genevieve greets me if she is sitting on my bed and I walk in the room: she chortles and nods her head at me as I walk in. Every. Single. Time.
Sylvester climbs me. He is especially fond of perching on my shoulders if I am on the computer. Then, if he is feeling especially affectionate, he will start gently biting the side of my face.
When my GSD was still alive, Shivers would play hide-and-seek with her. And if my dog was lying down, Sylvester would walk over, straddle her neck and bite her head until she retaliated.
Phineas head butts.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:48 AM

2,978 posts, read 3,923,274 times
Our (late) Tucker used to LOVE eating pumpkin guts. Each year, when I would carve one pumpkin, he would anxiously wait for a small amount of guts to eat. It was really quite funny, and I sure miss it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats