Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 08:42 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Would I need a prescription? I can't get one from my vet. He thinks all online med sellers are thieves and crooks.
No prescription is needed, and no problems ordering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 08:51 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
You might try this place for Revolution, I've ordered Comfortis from them and get it in about a week.https://www.petsuppliesnet.com/revolution.htm

Old 11-04-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You might try this place for Revolution, I've ordered Comfortis from them and get it in about a week.https://www.petsuppliesnet.com/revolution.htm
Those prices are really low, they're almost half of what the other sites charge.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:21 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,993,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I've been ordering mine from Joe's Pet Meds also, and have been for almost 2 years now. A 6-pack runs slightly less than $70.00 shipped. I believe the product ships from Singapore and takes about 10 days to 2 weeks to get here. Sometimes I get the UK/Euro boxing which is the same identical product but with a different name (Stronghold), and sometimes I get the Revolution boxing. Doesn't matter, it's the same stuff. I've never needed a vet visit or prescription to order it either.
It is all the same. The vets here have started something new to make even more money on Revolution, one of the cheapest drugs to produce. They demand to SEE the cat or dog (for $45 and up) before selling you the product which is outrageous. This to me is about on par with picking your pocket. And the excuse is it's a prescription drug. That too is BS to make more money because it's patent ran out years ago... and the drug is very safe. My question is - were is the generic for the mectins? This is a real money maker for them. I plan to order Revolution online but for now we needed something FAST so bought the Advantage II. We didn't want the *&^%$# fleas getting out of hand and that can happen quickly.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:25 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,993,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Looks like a good site too! Thanks.

The abnormal rain and high humidity this endless summer have fleas breeding like crazy. They're even getting in homes and attacking indoor-only cats. It's been a dreadful year for fleas here.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:02 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times
Quote:
Why? That's one of the only 2 places where I live where they sell grainfree 40% protein kibble and canned for .45 that smells wonderful and the cats love it. Zebulon has to have kibble or starves himself to death. Please no lecture. I'm following my vet's advice. The other is Petco and that's a 35, 45 minute ride away. Their prices are higher for the same products.
I won't support Petsmart or any store they own because they house (lease space to) Banfield and Banfield pushes declawing of cats.

Quote:
I couldn't find Revolution for cats at that site.
I wouldn't know. Even if I needed flea products or other anti-parasites I would never buy them on line. I would buy them from my vet. No exceptions.

It's odd that you won't give your cat supplements that may help with her urinary tract discomfort yet you are willing to buy poisons (that may or may not be authentic) to put on your cats from who knows where just to save a buck or two. That makes no sense to me at all.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:12 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Forget Joe's as they require a prescription...
Not true
I have bought from Joe's for years.
Prescription never required.

Quote:
..PetBucket...There is no phone number or address on the website...
Also not true.

Petbucket Ltd
EC1V 4PY
London
United Kingdom
Attached Thumbnails
Revolution... and fleas-screen-shot.jpg  

Old 11-05-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Dog and Cat Food, Treats, and Supplies | Free Shipping at Chewy.com

One of the only on line pet supply stores I will shop at now. Now that most of the others are owned by Petsmart. I won't support Petsmart.
I shop at Petsmart because they have the best prices, plus almost every time I shop, I get a $3.00 off coupon for my next purchase. It's their business if they want to lease space to Banfield, it makes no difference to me, because I don't use Banfield. Petco is too expensive, and Unleashed is ridiculous.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:28 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,277,908 times
Wow, a required vet visit before they give you Revolution? That's nuts! I had one vet who used to salespitch products I don't even use.

Chewy.com is awesome. They carry other flea meds if Revolution isn't there anymore. If you run into a problem, they are easy to reach 24/7, and gives you a full refund without a hassle.

You can also check Petshed.com. They do not require a prescription and based on AU. Good prices, lots of generics to buy to save even more. I had been buying Nuheart from them for years with no problems and it works.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:34 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I shop at Petsmart because they have the best prices, plus almost every time I shop, I get a $3.00 off coupon for my next purchase. It's their business if they want to lease space to Banfield, it makes no difference to me, because I don't use Banfield. Petco is too expensive, and Unleashed is ridiculous.
Of course it's "their business". But it does make a difference to me. Someone asked why I won't shop at Petsmart or stores owned by Petsmart and I said why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats