Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 08:29 AM

1,758 posts, read 5,490,423 times

Advertisements

What is the name of the med that your vet couldn't get for you right away? The one that is being shipped to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 08:30 AM

Who is Aidan?

Old 11-20-2015, 08:58 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola4 View Post
Who is Aidan?
A kitten.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:25 AM

4,676 posts, read 9,986,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
A kitten.
And that's why I asked is she still had him.

Frankly, if I had a problem kitty.........fostering is not something I would do.

I suspect what we have here is a case of re-directed aggression.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
As a cat lover and certified reflexologist...
Quote:
For cats, the main benefits of reflexology are to support general health and reduce stress.
Quote:
Reflexology offers a reciprocal exchange of love and healing that rewards both the giver and the receiver. When you offer reflexology to your cat, you help rebalance the human/feline bond and create a feeling of unconditional love and fulfillment.
Quote:
Ten years ago, I began practicing reflexology on my two kittens, Matisse and Morandi, and on the animals of my clients and friends, with surprising success. I then mapped out the specific reflex points on the feline paw, face and ears. During this exploration period, a few people trivialized the idea – why should reflexology work on cats? My reply was always the same: do we know if reflexology works on humans? The answer is yes, according to the millions of people who have benefited from this modality. So why would it not apply to cats too? Humans and animals share similar anatomy and physiology and have identical energy centers and pathways in their bodies. We also deal with many of the same health challenges and experience similar emotions and stresses in our daily lives.
Reflexology for Cats | Animal Wellness Magazine

You can do it YOURSELF and it is FREE!

Old 11-21-2015, 02:31 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
What is the name of the med that your vet couldn't get for you right away? The one that is being shipped to you.
I don't know, it's a compound of two I think. There is no guarantee the ear med will work he said, but worth a try. We're on the road now, stopped for the night at a WalMart lot and she is not settling down. She has been crying now for many hours and I admit it's getting on my nerves. We were able to get the tranquilizer pill into her yesterday but not his morning. She was ready to fight and was actually foaming at the mouth and again we were both bleeding. The small amount of the pill she actually got did little for her. She needs a home where the people don't travel, camp or snow-bird. This is torture for her and us both. But just try and find a home for an adult cat that urinates outside the box. Or even for one that doesn't.

Old 11-21-2015, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Reflexology for Cats | Animal Wellness Magazine

You can do it YOURSELF and it is FREE!
This would be hard to do with no one to restrain her as we go down the road in the RV.....

Old 11-21-2015, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocngypz View Post
And that's why I asked is she still had him.

Frankly, if I had a problem kitty.........fostering is not something I would do.

I suspect what we have here is a case of re-directed aggression.
It must be. She has so many issues I am at the point I wish I could find her a home that is cat free and the people don't travel, camp and snow-bird as we do. If she keeps pushing him one day he will snap and she will suffer for it. He's good natured but they all have their limit.

This is not the life for her. We've been listeningh to her cry now since we left home yesterday afternoon in our RV. She will not stop crying and pacing and crying and pacing. She already urinated on my new shoes and the new cardboard scratcher. We had to throw the other scratcher out as she peed on it and the other cats would no longer use it. I am truly at the end of my rope with her.

Old 11-21-2015, 02:41 AM

Quote:
We were leaving for FL and didn't want the med shipped until we got there.

Old 11-21-2015, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocngypz View Post
You still have that kitten in the house?
The kitten is not the problem. She actually took to him. This has been going on with her way before the kitten joined the family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats