Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2015, 09:11 PM
KB4 KB4 started this thread

1,032 posts, read 1,639,009 times

Advertisements

My cat just had his annual check-up and one thing the vet mentioned is that he has a lot of buildup on his molars for such a young cat. I admit that we've been a bit lazy with brushing his teeth and I promise to be better even if he does not like it very much. I was talking to a colleague and she told me about the Petzlife dental gel which was recommended to her by a holistic vet. She basically called it a miracle product which keeps her cats' teeth shiny white without any buildup. The problem is that I looked at the list of ingredients and the first thing I saw was grain alcohol which I understand is poisonous to cats. I'm not sure about neem oil either. So I don't know if I should even try it. It has mostly good reviews online and most people seem to think that the ingredients are not a problem in small quantities. There were a few who mentioned liver issues (in dogs mostly). Would you take the risk? What is your experience with brushing, ie does it work well enough to avoid the need for dental cleanings? Is there any other product that you would recommend (and which has safe ingredients)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 09:11 AM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,878 times
Give the cat some raw chicken gizzards to chew on. Will clean the teeth well with the added side benefit of being delicious for the cat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats