Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 07:40 AM

2,978 posts, read 3,924,896 times

Advertisements

Can you ask a neighbor for some help in checking nearby garages/sheds/porches? If he got scared, he may have hidden somewhere and won't necessarily come out when you call his name. Get a flashlight and look in areas where he could be hiding.

I hope you find him soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 08:15 AM

392 posts, read 991,008 times
Default cat outside

First of all I would like to thank you all for your suggestions and sensitivity. It means a lot. Most of my neighbors are elderly, like me, and we cannot get out in this 3' high snow. I have called out the door and rattled his treat toy a thousand times. I even threw out some dry food on the snow. He is a feral cat that is part house cat. I have to think that he is under someone's trailer and he is nice and dry. I will keep going to the door and calling him. Thanks again, you all have given me much hope that there is a big possibility that he will return.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:58 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
That was a nasty reply. I am almost 79 years old......can hardly get my shoes on let alone boots. I walk with a cane. Get your facts before you start bad-mouthing a person. I'm sad enough because I can't go look for him and then you have to post such an inconsiderate response.

I'm sorry if you got your feelings hurt. Just what facts you are referring to - I dunno.....Nowhere in your post did you say you were 79 years old and having a hard time getting around. I do understand how limiting that can be - and I also understand how important having a pet is to help keep a person happy. All that being said - it still does not excuse letting your cat go outside in a blizzard - or even knowing that a blizzard is approaching. Cats do not need to go in and out like dogs do. I assume you do have a litter-box in your home?

I truly do hope that you find him/her, but please don't blame me for your stupidity after the fact. All the well wishes and high hopes in the world are not going to change the facts if indeed your actions have caused something bad to have happened to your buddy. I know you're upset and sad, but it is also upsetting to think that you willingly just let him go out there knowing what would likely occur to him.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:45 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Along with the others, am keeping my fingers crossed that kitty comes back home. This has to be very upsetting.

Old 01-25-2016, 03:48 PM

392 posts, read 991,008 times
Default good news

My cat has returned- He was under my trailer and I have been calling him all day. Then finally I heard him crying. The snow was packed against the skirting and he had no opening. My neighbor made an opening for him to get out. He must have been eating frozen bugs and mice because he is not hungry and he is dry. All he wants to do now is play. Thank you all (except one jerk) for your kindness.

Old 01-25-2016, 03:56 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
So glad this had a happy ending! My cat (indoor) got out in late November and I finally found her about a week ago. Such a great feeling when they come home!

Old 01-25-2016, 04:11 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,349,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
My cat has returned- He was under my trailer and I have been calling him all day. Then finally I heard him crying. The snow was packed against the skirting and he had no opening. My neighbor made an opening for him to get out. He must have been eating frozen bugs and mice because he is not hungry and he is dry. All he wants to do now is play. Thank you all (except one jerk) for your kindness.
I am so happy that your cat has returned. I understand your feelings since I feed four strays and I have only seen one since Friday night. My biggest worry is Big Louie, a beautiful black cat that I nursed back to health after last year's awful winter. I have been out like a crazy person trying to find him and just hope that he is somewhere safe.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:14 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,814,543 times
Yay for happy endings! Maybe you can try to make him an indoor cat for good.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:59 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,992,988 times
YAY!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy he's back safe and sound!

Old 01-25-2016, 05:16 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Am sooo very happy for you and kitty!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats