Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2014, 09:59 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times

Advertisements

... Annie must get in it!

Put a couple of baskets on the stairs so I'd remember to take them up the next time I WENT up ... but I turn around for 2 minutes and what happens? Annie discovers a new place to hang out!

Anyone else have kitties who MUST check out every basket, bin, box, and other "b" you have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 11:35 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,455 times
Yeah, I have a kitty like that. I got the crock pot out, put it on the counter and left the room for a minute. When I came back, Samson was sitting in the crock pot. I laughed so hard! He's such a silly kitty. He jumps in the hamper and trash can when I empty them too.

Hmmm...maybe I should put a basket out when I want to divert his attention from any other kind of hamper, bin, crock pot, etc.

Forgot to mention that Annie looks adorable in her basket!

Old 08-03-2014, 11:40 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Cailleach will get into absolutely anything and her latest antics are the funniest we have seen yet.
She stuffed herself into the winter inserts for my Husbands boots and got stuck and ran around the dining room with the dang boot insert over her head and most of her body.
Just last night she stuffed herself into a priority mailing box, one of the rectangle ones that is not very deep, she of course got stuck and was flopping like a fish out of water trying to get out of the box.
She is 13 pounds so not a tiny girl and not a good fit for the rectangular box.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:49 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,807 times
My Carly (Rest In Peace ) LOVED any box or container. She was small at only 6 lbs and it was amazing what she'd find to squeeze into.

Your Annie looks adorable and the expression on her face seems to say "Of Course, this box was made especially for me!"

Old 08-04-2014, 01:00 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,377,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Cailleach will get into absolutely anything and her latest antics are the funniest we have seen yet.
She stuffed herself into the winter inserts for my Husbands boots and got stuck and ran around the dining room with the dang boot insert over her head and most of her body.
Just last night she stuffed herself into a priority mailing box, one of the rectangle ones that is not very deep, she of course got stuck and was flopping like a fish out of water trying to get out of the box.
She is 13 pounds so not a tiny girl and not a good fit for the rectangular box.
Ooh, maybe you've come up with a new novelty gadget, the cat squarer, kind of the the egg cuber:

No egg lover’s kitchen should be without an Egg Cuber!! This novelty kitchen gadget can transform peeled, hard-boiled eggs into square, ice cube-shaped eggs in just minutes. You’ll have your kids or guests wondering what kind of chicken lays your eggs!

maybe it would catch on and be like the next pet rock craze or the beanie baby craze and you could end up a gazillionaire.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:23 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Thanks for posting, all! Ouijeewoman, I laughed out loud at the idea of a kitty in a crock pot ... mine haven't tried that 'cause the lid is normally on it! CSD210, your kitty sounds hilarious ... you have to remember to take videos next time! Macrina, Annie is around 8 lbs. so just a bit bigger than your Carly ... Annie just must check out any basket or box she sees.

Would love to see photos if any of you have them ... and reps to all for "playing"!

Old 08-05-2014, 10:03 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Cailleach is also our Kleptomaniac girl, she will steal anything that is pink, including one of my measure tapes for my quilting.
She absolutely loves paper clips with the colored covers on them, I don't know the exact name but they are multi color.
She will has worked and worked at getting the pink one off of a stack of papers I had it on.
It took her about an hour but she did get that danged paper clip.
Our Suze Quze is not the most graceful cat ever created though.
Poor girl she ends up face first on the basement steps more often than not when she is trying to run up them, she trips and splat right into the step.
Otherwise she falls down the danged things trying to run down to the basement and all you hear is "thunk,thunk,thunk".

Old 08-06-2014, 08:22 AM

2,218 posts, read 2,940,029 times
KAREN - I love Annie's face!!

CSD610 - We also have a very clumsy one! He's the alpha (Daddy) of our group and walks around like king! However he is so clumsy, slipping and falling off things. He always looks around too to see if anyone saw his fall and if so runs off! The other night he was walking along our king bed footboard with the prowess of a lion. Looking at us like he is so regal....one paw would slip a little but he would look back at us like "what....you didn't see anything". We knew it was just a matter of moments until the big slip happened and when it did the look on his face was priceless because he slipped down the outside part and all we saw was his face going down down down almost as if in slow motion! I feel bad for him at times :-(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats