Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:43 PM

252 posts, read 709,961 times

Advertisements

Well, I have four rescued cats.

Cookie we got from the Humane Society. She was already named. She's a big fat torti. We were in a rollover accident with our pickup truck and camper trailer two years ago. We rolled over four times. Cookie broke her leg. We tried to save it, but $3,000 later, the leg was amputated. She gets around okay. She's an indoor kitty who gets to go outside on our enclosed patio. We lost another cat in the accident. She was a black tuxedo named Juliet. She had a littermate named Romeo. We called her Kitty. I miss her so much. It doesn't hurt so much now when I think of her, but for a year I couldn't even think of getting another cat. She ran off into the woods when we came to a halt. I still fantasize that some day I'll go to a rescue place and see her up for adoption.

Last summer we rescued a litter of feral kittens from the back woods. We were going to adopt them out, but kept them instead.

Scamp is aptly named. He is a bugger. I also call him Mister. Or Mister Scamp. He's my first male cat and boy, is he lovey-dovey.

Bunny is the "bigger" female. My sister had a cat named Bunny and I really liked the name. Her nickname is Bunny-Bun-Bun. She had another name starting with "S" and I kept getting her mixed up with Scamp.

The third cat's name is Peanut. She is the runt of the litter. She's a tiny little thing; therefore, Peanut. The other two have been taken to the vet and spayed/neutered. Peanut is still "feral" and lives under the loveseat. She has been warming up to us as of late and we will be catching her soon and bringing her to the vet to be fixed. They are about a year old now, but they still act like kittens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 01:49 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,749 times
my mother had a cat named Dingbat , because he was just that. He was a street cat that randomly came around for food and love. Their other chat was shmitty

Old 04-15-2008, 07:59 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,480,476 times
I have 2. Cocomama was named after the Incan goddess of the coco plant (go figure) and Angelique was named after my fav character in Dark Shadows

Old 04-16-2008, 04:13 PM

218 posts, read 708,264 times
Greyberry-coz he was Grey in color & strawberry just wouldn't have fit him.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:21 PM

16 posts, read 96,210 times
We rescued/adopted a kitten from a shelter.. he was found on the streets. When we brought him home, for the first few days (so he could acclimate), we kept him in the empty 10x10 spare bedroom that only had a 3 shelf bookshelf in it (and all his kitty stuff of course). My boyfriend and I were trying to think of a navajo name for him (since we adopted him in NewMexico), but he named himself....

I went into this tiny empty spare bedroom to spend time with him, and started getting really worried because I didn't see him anywhere! I decided he had to be in the bookshelf since there was no where else to hide (he was verrrrrry scared from the shelter). I sat and stared at those three bookshelves until finally I saw him - sitting as still as a statue between some leaning books (he was super tiny, ~10 weeks old), starring right at me with his big green eyes. I then called in my boyfriend and said, find the kitty! He was looking for 10 minutes before I assured him that yes, the kitty was in the room, and yes I could see him. Then I said "It's hard isn't it? This is harder than Where's Waldo... it's Where's Walter!!".... and thus Walter named himself. Walter is a part of our family now, and his name fits his personality very well... since he's as spoiled as a person (in a very good way)!

His nickname came from my 2 year old nephew who can't say "meow", so he says "neow"... so Walter's nickname is Walter Neow or Mr.Neows.

He is no longer scared or hides though, quite the opposite.. he now follows us everywhere and sleeps on the bed at night.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:58 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,384,085 times
Artemis- the ancient Greek Godess of hunting is what I named her. See brings me hunting trophies in the house

Old 09-04-2009, 07:17 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,302,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Does anyone watch The View? Joy has a cat named Benito Pussolini, she is of course of Italian extraction. Whoopi also has a cat named Oliver although I don't remember the significance of the name.
My friend had a cat called Chairman Meow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2009, 07:30 PM

691 posts, read 2,328,334 times
There was Pierre, Siamese. He left after 21 long years.
Mickey, he had a definite "M" on his forehead. He left after 19 years.
Beau-Bear, he has gone away to college now with my daughter, still a kitten after 15 years. He was playing with a Christmas bow, so we named him Beau. He looks like a little bear though.
Monkey-Butt, he lives with my Mom, she calls him "Slinky", but he has a curly tail, so I call him Monkey-Butt, just to annoy my Mom.

There was a cat who lived in the dumpster by our house, we called him "scum-head" because he always had a huge sore on his head from pushing open the lid on the dumpster. We tamed him, and changed his name to "Boots". He lived a long happy life as an outside mouser for my grandparents.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:10 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
My first cat was an abandoned runt of the liter of a feral cat --- I named him Lucky Ba*tard. I loved that little guy, but unfortunatly he died in an accident when he was about seven/eight weeks old.
I strongly believe that the best way to honor the memory of a pet is to rescue another one from the Humane Society and that is how we got Nellie. Though as we got to know her personality she is occasionally called Evil Ba*tard but more regularily is called (and answers to) Princess. She is not especially cuddly but demands to be petted and told repeatedly how beautiful she is while she eats. She will hunt me down throughout the house and 'meow' me to death till I go upstairs and pet her while she nibbles the kibble.

Our latest edition is named Simon though I call him Baby. He is going to be quite a large cat, but he answers to Baby and loves being cradled like one. Such a complete sweetheart.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:40 PM

548 posts, read 1,479,036 times
These are some hilarious names and stories! LOL!

My cat's name is Milo, named after the cat in Milo and Otis (my son's fave movie!). Runner up names were: Figaro, Mickey Mouse's cat; and Murray Sparkles, a cat from Sesame Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats