Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 08:31 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times

Advertisements

How can this happen. Hopefully she will never be able to be hired to practice in any clinic and the public will keep her name out there?

Vet in viral dead cat photo gets license suspended 1 year plus 4 years probation | KVUE.com

Old 10-18-2016, 09:05 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
While all of us animal lovers would have wanted to see her burned at the stake, it wasn't going to happen. At least she has been put through the wringer for a while now, and is paying the price for the next year. Plus, she will have a problem finding any legitimate vet to hire her even then.

It won't bring back that poor kitty, but she did not get off scott free.

Don

Old 10-19-2016, 12:26 AM

24,112 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
How can this happen. Hopefully she will never be able to be hired to practice in any clinic and the public will keep her name out there?

Vet in viral dead cat photo gets license suspended 1 year plus 4 years probation | KVUE.com

I will certainly be watching her, and keeping her name out there.

License suspended for ONE YEAR? That isn't nearly enough! This woman should never work with animals again.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:44 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I will certainly be watching her, and keeping her name out there.

License suspended for ONE YEAR? That isn't nearly enough! This woman should never work with animals again.
I think anybody else would have jail time and she should too. What if some black kid did the exact same thing? The crime is the crime regardless of who commits it.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:25 AM

2,565 posts, read 1,642,026 times
Wow, some of the comments on that thread, what awful people. Not surprised at the ridiculous "sentence" she received, killing animals is a favorite hobby for so many and they see nothing wrong with it.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:26 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,707,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

This vet lives in my state, I will remember her name, I will never take my pets to any clinic she works at. She is a POS.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:42 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times
The really sad part about all this is that the only thing she really learned from this incident, is not to post her 'accomplishments' on social media. I doubt that that this will be the last time an animal dies needlessly at her hands. She doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with killing animals, regardless of the circumstances, and no amount of 'education', or public backlash is going to change that.

I can only hope that her reputation will force her into another line of work, but I doubt that will happen. Memories fade over time, and what she did won't follow her forever. I'm all for giving people a second chance after making a mistake, but only if they realize they made one in the first place. I don't think that applies to her, so IMO she doesn't deserve one.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:30 AM

2,565 posts, read 1,642,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
The really sad part about all this is that the only thing she really learned from this incident, is not to post her 'accomplishments' on social media. I doubt that that this will be the last time an animal dies needlessly at her hands. She doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with killing animals, regardless of the circumstances, and no amount of 'education', or public backlash is going to change that.

I can only hope that her reputation will force her into another line of work, but I doubt that will happen. Memories fade over time, and what she did won't follow her forever. I'm all for giving people a second chance after making a mistake, but only if they realize they made one in the first place. I don't think that applies to her, so IMO she doesn't deserve one.
Couldn't agree more, but I do hope those of us who care about animals will remember her name and face and refuse to patronize any vet clinic which hires her, once her suspension is over.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:55 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,872,645 times
Question is, why be a vet if you're that kind of person? She certainly lacks sympathy, empathy and a sincere love for animals. Why not be something else?

Old 10-19-2016, 01:07 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,760,161 times
Completely inappropriate response. Her license should have been taken away from her. The woman is a psychopath. Someone who supposedly loves animals enough to make them her life's work should not think that shooting a cat with a crossbow is acceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats