Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 08:08 AM

41,944 posts, read 75,144,160 times

Advertisements

My cats sleep on the house sill, either crawling up the back of the basement refrigerator (!) or via a complicated series of hops from the washer to the basement windowsill to the electrical box (!) to the sill.

They also climb up on top of the heating ducts, via another complicated hop involving the sink, a cabinet, the windowsill, and some water pipes. It's warm up there in the winter and cool in the summer, and they can watch the birds through the basement windows.

(Don't tell my cats I'm planning to have glass block windows installed in the basement! They'll be crushed!)

My childhood cat, on hot summer nights when she wasn't sleeping outside on the picnic table, slept in the bowl of the bathroom sink. It sure was not good to be her, though, when I'd use the bathroom in the middle of the night, never turning on the light and turning on the faucet to wash my hands before I even saw the cat. Heh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 08:30 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,926,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMomof4 View Post
My cat used to sleep on top of the fridge but now that he is older he sleeps in the bathroom sink. Which is the only place he will drink water from as well. Really freaks people out when they go in there to use the bathroom. He lets you know when he needs some water.
Mine used to sleep in the sink too. LOL. I'd have to go out to the kitchen to wash my hands-couldn't wake the cute little guy. LOL.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:54 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,260,315 times
My cat Twinkles will sleep on any kind of paper.. If I am working on bills or reading the newspaper she will come and lay right smack in the middle of the papers, as if I didn't know she was there, she'll then roll around. Other times she just lays there.. bills, paper, bags anything..SHe has also lately been sleeping stretched out right in the middle of the bathrom floor..Our cat Harley like to sleep on our printer/scanner..

Old 03-17-2008, 09:12 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Last night I cleaned off my desk, Tumnus thought I was doing it for him. He promptly stationed himself under my desk lamp which is where he started out when we first got him. I broke down and went to get his little bed so he could curl up in there and sleep.

Tumnus sleeping right by my Bose speakers on my desk through AC/DC, Mozart and everything in between is what convinced me he probably couldn't hear.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:20 PM

283 posts, read 1,290,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
My cat Twinkles will sleep on any kind of paper.. If I am working on bills or reading the newspaper she will come and lay right smack in the middle of the papers, as if I didn't know she was there, she'll then roll around. Other times she just lays there.. bills, paper, bags anything..SHe has also lately been sleeping stretched out right in the middle of the bathrom floor..Our cat Harley like to sleep on our printer/scanner..
My cat Guss is a paper lover as well. He (I think) adores the sound of it as he walks, sits or lays down. Olive (the wild one) used to climb up through the loose back of my armoire and sleep in the center of a big pile of sweaters. Only the dilligent border collie knew where she was... and, of course, pointed it out to me with great delight. (delight in tattling, and in not being outsmarted, I'm sure).

Old 03-28-2008, 05:19 PM

2,947 posts, read 1,675,083 times
Hello Folks;
My 13 year old Calico cat Snickers likes to curl up in the bathroom sink. Sometimes she goes into the pots and pans cabinet goes to a dark corner in the back and sleeps. As small as our house is, sometimes I just get absolutely frantic because I cannot find her. She has some really good hiding places

Old 03-29-2008, 11:41 AM

2,467 posts, read 12,244,035 times
All of these posts about the dryer scare me. My friend had a cat that did the same and she accidentally started it, not knowing she was in there, and the cat died. Just please be careful!!!!!!!!!

Regardless, my cats sleep anywhere you can think of, the sink,the bathtub, on the closet shelf, in my suitcase, on top of the fridge....

Old 03-29-2008, 04:50 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,946 times
Cheech got tumbled in the dryer before! Luckily I heard something (I thought it was shoes in the dryer) and opened it....he was ok!

Here he is in his favorite place...

Old 03-29-2008, 05:57 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
OMG, that is too cute! I just have a laptop, so my big fat kitty could never plop down there!! I do have a large walk-in closet and have put a futon cushion up against a wall. She is able to get her big self up there and hide amongst all the hanging clothes. Her favorite place when she hears loud noises, thunder, the vacuum, etc. For some reason she loves to get up on the back of my new wingback chair, maybe because it is higher than the other chairs, and she can be Queen of her Domain looking down on her subject--me!

Old 03-29-2008, 05:59 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,734,834 times
LOL! A computer cozy!

This the puppies' kitty: Sumo Buddy Cat (he is 20lbs - all crammed into that tool caddy).
Strange places your cat sleeps or hangs out-sumo-buddy.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats