Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:50 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times

Advertisements

My white kitty named Tumnus, hangs out in the strangest places and sometimes dangerous.
We had been looking for him and my daughter walked through the laundry room where she had left the dryer door open, out of the corner of her eye she saw the clothes move in the dryer. Sure enough, there he was curled up in the clothes in the dryer. THANK GOODNESS we noticed him. Now I know NOT to leave it open. Tonight I had taken an arm load out and left it open, the thing was completely empty and he still jumped in and laid down.

He seems to go through stages in the places he hangs out.

He went through the stage where he would jump on the counter, then to the top of the fridge, then to the top of the kitchen cabinets and hang out up there asleep in the top of a potted fake plant.

He went through a stage where he slept in the top of my jewelry box that sat on top of my dresser.

I kind of realized he was hard of hearing when he decided on my desk right beside by Bose sub woofer was a good place to sleep, even through AC/DC.

One of his reoccuring favorites is a fake fur blanket, we can move it almost anywhere and he will curl up there.

Make him mad though and he dissappears. He likes to sleep by the hot water heater in the garage when he is in those moods.

Of course he loves to sleep in the laundry basket whenever available. He even likes to sleep in my closet which is pretty usual for cats, even Rufus does this one.

Tumnus has a spot on the lanai in the corner where the sun shines in late in the day, he likes to sleep there soaking up the sun.

He used to sleep in a baby basinet that is for a dolls baby carriage. My daughter used to push them around the house in it and then would take the basinet part off of it and put it on the bed, then my REALLY fat cat Rufus and Tumnus would pile into it. Rufus and his fat would sort of be overflowing the basinet. If Tumnus got there first, Rufus has been known to climb in on top of him, we had to watch them with this for fear he would crush the life out of my poor little white cat.

We no longer allow the cats to go out in the garage but when they did, Tumnus would sit on top of the rear axle of my truck. Often coming away smeared with grease. Since he is deaf I was worried that he would not know I was trying to leave in my truck. Normally we would make sure all the cats were in the house and close the pet door, then leave in the truck but often it was hard to find Tumnus, he hides so well.

He is mad about the pet door being closed, he goes up to it and trys to make it open but no luck.

Today after I got off work, I took a nap and all three of my kitties joined me in bed, thats my favorite place for them to sleep.

Where do your little beasties hang out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 09:25 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
The floor vents when the heat is on, and anywhere that the sun is coming through the window She'll keep moving across the floor to stay with the sun.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
The floor vents when the heat is on, and anywhere that the sun is coming through the window She'll keep moving across the floor to stay with the sun.

Thats so cute, when I lived in Texas we had floor vents like that as well.

One time my Dad had one of the vents off and was doing something to the vent, his cat Kittery (Manx female) went down the vent without him knowing it.
Well that evening while they were sitting there watching TV, they heard her meowing, she was in the vent system but had walked through it enough to get to a vent that was on the front rise part of the brick in front of the fire place, she was looking right at them through the vent system.

My cats here LOVE that I have a heating blanket, they get on my bed and suck up all the heat they can. They act almost as if they are drunk when they are doing it.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:49 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,696,442 times
Last week I caught my cat sleeping in the dryer! I normally never leave the dryer door open, but when I did this once, he was right in there. My other cat, Rayray, loves to cuddle up to my beagle mix. He's seek out Cleo, and curls up right next to her. Rayray also sleeps on me almost every night, but only when I'm laying on my side. He lays on my hip, and doesn't move until I turn around. (Luckily he's a small cat, so it's not too uncomfortable! )

Old 03-12-2008, 11:04 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,955,448 times
Default sleeping places

growing up we had a portable dishwasher that we stored in a closet off the kitchen (until we remodeled and built it in). We'd leave the front door open to make sure it was dry inside and then in the AM close it. Well, one Saturday afternoon, my mom ran the dishwasher, when it finished she rolled it into the closet and went about her day. That evening went in to close the door and what did she find. The stupid siamese " Simon" asleep on the bottom rack, it was warm and I guess he got cold. Don't know how he balanced himself on the rack, but he enjoyed his nap. we always had to watch after that to make sure simple simon wasn't inside. The siamese she has now, likes to lick the inside of the door after she runs the dishwasher.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:04 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Ninja has to be in my bedroom at night until I turn the lights out, when he leaves for parts unknown. He doesn't like to be on the bed because then I will pet him and he is one of those "you'll pet me when *I* feel like it, not when YOU feel like it" cats.

So for the last few months his place is on top of the little directv box on our tv. He is at least twice as big as this box and has to constantly shift positions trying to get comfortable. But he'll sit there for an hour or two. I need to get a picture of this.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Last week I caught my cat sleeping in the dryer! I normally never leave the dryer door open, but when I did this once, he was right in there. My other cat, Rayray, loves to cuddle up to my beagle mix. He's seek out Cleo, and curls up right next to her. Rayray also sleeps on me almost every night, but only when I'm laying on my side. He lays on my hip, and doesn't move until I turn around. (Luckily he's a small cat, so it's not too uncomfortable! )
What is up with that attraction to the dryer. When mine did that, it frightened me because what if we had not seen him?
I love to see cats and dogs sleeping together. I used to have a couple cats that loved my two Cavaliers so much they curled up with them. I had one cat, Basil who would nurse in the dogs fur.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:15 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,696,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
What is up with that attraction to the dryer. When mine did that, it frightened me because what if we had not seen him?
I love to see cats and dogs sleeping together. I used to have a couple cats that loved my two Cavaliers so much they curled up with them. I had one cat, Basil who would nurse in the dogs fur.
I was relieved too that I saw my cat before closing the dryer door. He has a fetish for laundry anyway. Every time I fold laundry, he has to go to sleep on top of it. I think he likes the warmth and the fresh smell.

Our other cat likes to try to nurse on blankets and stuffed animals. He's 2 now, so I don't know if that'll ever stop. It's cute though! Cats sure are eccentric!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:34 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,876 times
My head or shoulder, like a parrot...luckily he is getting a bit too big for my head, but still tries the shoulder. I let him do it...as long as he is happy.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:48 AM

2,039 posts, read 4,554,950 times
Strange places your cat sleeps or hangs out-pict0008.jpg

Doesn't the poor dog look miserable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats