Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 05:38 PM

457 posts, read 496,313 times

Advertisements

That's so sweet. Good for you both. Apparently, you had to make it through the probation period.

Congratulations - you made it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 09:09 PM

7,034 posts, read 6,287,208 times
Thanks to all of you. Wen I think back to wat she was like wen I first saw her & how she is now, I am in awe.

Most animals like me on sight so it was quite an adjustment for me to have to learn the patience to let her come to me. But now, when I see her give a sigh & just totally relax against me, what a wonderful feeling it creates inside me.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:21 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,919,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Thanks to all of you. Wen I think back to wat she was like wen I first saw her & how she is now, I am in awe.

Most animals like me on sight so it was quite an adjustment for me to have to learn the patience to let her come to me. But now, when I see her give a sigh & just totally relax against me, what a wonderful feeling it creates inside me.
Animals are amazing. Who knows what she went through before coming to your home, yet now she loves and trusts you!

Old 12-19-2017, 12:56 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,186,164 times
I had a cat who was a afraid of his own shadow. He would hide when anyone would come over. He would take one look at them and slink away as fast as he could. Never could break him of it. We got him at 9 weeks old so he was never abused. But my husband did get him from a breeder, he was a Himalayan, so I have to wonder just what the conditions were with him being so scared so young and for it to be a life long issue. Maybe no human socialization during his first 8 or 9 weeks?

I wondered what would become of a cat like him if he were in a shelter waiting for adoption. No one would have picked him. He was a sweet endearing cat with my husband and I but to everyone else they barely knew he existed.

Thank you OP for taking a chance on a frightened cat, you probably saved his life.

Last edited by Izzie1213; 12-19-2017 at 01:47 PM..

Old 12-19-2017, 06:49 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Where I work, we are pet friendly, and the other day a couple came in with a cute little dog. As I was feeding him a treat, they said he had been adopted out 4 times and returned back to the rescue center each time. He had some behavior issues, chewing ,peeing on the carpet, etc. They said it was trying as he was a handful, but they are determined to make this adoption work.

It takes a special person to overcome the challenges some animals give us. I see people on here all the time who take great care of their kitties that have health issues, and they give them a wonderful home and lots of love.

The way you took the time and love to make your new fur buddy a lap cat, shows you are that kind of person too.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:26 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post

When interacting with cats, patience is a must-have virtue. But, as you well know, the rewards are well worth it. I'm so glad to hear your efforts with her were successful, and hope you both have many good years ahead of you. Thanks for posting your wonderful little story.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:53 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,381,108 times
Makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it

Old 12-21-2017, 08:40 AM

7,034 posts, read 6,287,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
Makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it
Yes & yes again. Not being able to have a cat in my old apartment makes me appreciate her all the more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats