Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 02:29 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,802,064 times

Advertisements

Sterling seems to never go home now. I check often during the day and evening and the neighbor's garage door isn't even partially open.
I leave my front door open because I have a glass storm door and he sits for hours staring in and my animals sit staring out at him. Mine rub against the glass and paw gently toward him
I go out to speak with him, attempt to entice him to play (he acts like WTH ??) I feed him and give him treats-which he loves.
He needs a bath in the worst way. Anyone have experience in bathing a cat???

Our temps are about to dip into the 20's and I'm concerned. I'm concerned about him-period!

I called my vet and they said if I'm considering bringing him inside then he needs vaccinations and a well check. I made an appt. for Saturday.

Thoughts, again?

I have some pics posted of him in my original post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 03:35 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,223,339 times
We have a neighbor cat (Carly) who thinks she owns everyones yards on our block. I have found her in our yard basically every day. She likes to sleep in bushes and also waits until I feed the local song birds and them terrorizes them and our cat. I have a water cannon that I have sprayed her with, well I tried, but not too successfully...

My wife has decided that I need to give Carly a break for the Christmas season. I'm pretty sure she won't notice.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:00 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,193,250 times
If you have a room to isolate him for a day or two it should be fine. I had looked up about how contagious FIV and feline leukemia once and it really doesn't pass to other cat too easily. But having in closed room with his own cat box it should be fine. I would use a room that can be washed after if any testing comes up positive. But again if he has been, OK up to now I think if you can just make a warm blanket filled box with a small opening he should be OK.

It must just be tearing at your heart not to just open the door and let him in. Sounds like your other pets are curious and friendly towards him.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:58 PM

ok, he's IN. I bathed him and dried him off good. Brought in his shelter from outdoors and he and shelter with food and water and a litter box are in one of my bathrooms.

Last edited by PippySkiddles; 12-14-2017 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-14-2017, 05:04 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,193,250 times
Wow!!! Good for you and Sterling too. But now what are you going to do??? Regarding the now missing neighbors cat. I guess you will have to change his name and he will have to go into hiding??? How did bath go. My cat that loves me doesn't trust me with baths. Maybe he was so happy with the special attention he didn't care.

Merry Christmas

Last edited by Izzie1213; 12-14-2017 at 05:38 PM..

Old 12-14-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Wow!!! Good for you and Sterling too. But now what are you going to do??? Regarding the now missing neighbors cat. I guess you will have to change his name and he will have to go into hiding??? How did bath go. My cat that loves me doesn't trust me with baths. Maybe he was so happy with the special attention he didn't care.

Merry Christmas
you know what though-not worried about the neighbor. She shows zero interest,compassion or love for him. I doubt she will ever notice.
He was excellent in the tub. Such a sweet sweet cat.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:19 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
I tried helping a friend give her cat a bath once. I all I can say is, LOL! Never tried giving my own cat a bath.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:09 PM

436 posts, read 579,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
ok, he's IN. I bathed him and dried him off good. Brought in his shelter from outdoors and he and shelter with food and water and a litter box are in one of my bathrooms.
Bless you PippySkiddles. I saw the photos and the cat deserves so much more than he got a few doors down.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:50 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:

Quote:
you know what though-not worried about the neighbor. She shows zero interest,compassion or love for him. I doubt she will ever notice.
He was excellent in the tub. Such a sweet sweet cat.

Yaaaay! I agree. If she didn't care enough to come looking for him when he stopped going "home," she's probably not going to care now that he has "run away."

I'm kinda all happy-tears right now, for you and Sterling. I hope you'll post some pics of his pretty, clean self!

Old 12-15-2017, 12:13 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,579,709 times
Excellent! Now kitty has a proper home, in time for Christmas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats