Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2017, 10:14 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,122 times

Advertisements

She's different than my other two cats I had in the past in the fact she has a distinct Siamese trait of talking. She doesn't talk half as much as some but at certain times like early evening I noticed she will start "talking" ---- waahh wahh and I will say "really?" And a "waah waah" back, we will go back and forth like this until she seems to get her full of talking and then is quiet again. She also tends to sometimes walk up to me and do that baby cry, I mentioned maybe before she doesn't make a meow sound it's like a little baby cry "waahhh" even though she's fed and we played earlier, I guess she at times just wants attention and I'll pick her up and kiss her cheek and talk to her and put her down. I was on the phone and she did her "waahh" and the person asked if there was a baby crying in the background.
She is definitely not like my first tabby cat smoky who was for the most part really happy to just lounge and walk around on her own, she didn't really like to interact that much. My other cat was in the middle, but Luna is very person like and if I'm doing something like fiddling with my phone or writing she will walk over to be involved and sometimes expresses herself in what she thinks with the usual "waahh "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 10:28 AM

20,863 posts, read 9,515,083 times
Sometimes I have similar "conversations" with my cat, though she just meows, doesn't do the "wah" thing.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:10 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,839,154 times
Love it when they communicate with us...many times we can determine just what they are saying, other times no.

Sounds like a good friend you have there, lucky you.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:07 AM

24,470 posts, read 10,793,748 times
Izzi chatters like a squirrel. I do answer her tchack-tchack appropriately.

Old 01-01-2018, 02:06 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,606,675 times
I always say, "YEAH, yeah? yeah?" to our gal & she mouths or out loud screams at me. I again repeat & again she screams. Hilarious.

Now our outside feral boy says nothing but I make a Jason-Fri-the-13th sound (told ya, haha, I'm nuts) & then yell his name, Blackie! & he appears -- from somewhere -- mins later to get ready for the food I take him outside. He never makes sounds except heard him cat fight other day but it was over fast as he's big & I think other cat yelled -- not him.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:46 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,274,303 times
So today I FINALLY put Christmas back in the attic. As soon as I opened the attic door to go up, Electra just starts going up the stairs. I grabbed her and put her down in the hallway. She screeched which to me sounded like she said, "Why?" I said to her, "Because I SAID SO!"

Cat

Old 01-18-2018, 09:27 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,246,558 times
One of my cats tends toward eye problems, same eye each time, and I have a tube of what the vet gives me so things get dealt with quickly and without a vet bill for a little tube of cream. But I must give off the 'MOM is up to something' vibe because I put her in the bathroom. She isn't a fan of the stuff, and needs to be corraled or she's gone and in hiding. I also have a towel to keep her still long enough to get it in place and without blood (my blood usually). She dashes into the closest spot to hide lest Mom has other offenses planned when I let her go. Her friends will lick off the stuff too, so it gives it a chance to do something..

The problem occurs when I try to open the door without letting her out, or the fan club in, so I usually bring the carrier too. Otherwise, I have half the house in there wondering what I did or if it involved food.

Its amazing how a cat laying on a chair sleeping can so instantly be up and ready to pounce since he knows what your doing has to do with food. Or how the sound of a top on wet food popped off brings every cat in hearing. I've come to taking it into the bathroom and closing the door and setting it up in peace.

I had the small crate sitting in the living room so the small ones would be warm, and its been adopted as a sleeping spot as well, even if the plan wasn't to keep it there forever. It's fascinating how you can see their relationships when they figure out who sleeps where.

What's really funny is how especially when food is the reason, the dogs pick up on it from the cats and ditto in the reverse. The kitties know a 'I smell dinner' bark and add their noise. And they are all impatiently waiting for their human. Who says dogs and cats don't mix? My dogs even systematically give themselves baths like their kitty cousins, even step in with their favorite smaller ones and get them all clean.

After the food is over, the dogs take over the couch, and the smaller kitties cuddle inbetween them. All is well and its time to rest up from the hurry.

Then I turn on the tv and watch the stuff I recorded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats