Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 12:00 AM

5,193 posts, read 5,762,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
A couple years ago I was chopping a hard boiled egg and mixing it with mayonnaise to make an egg salad sandwich.

One of our cats jumped up and went crazy licking the bowl.

So I gave him some egg.

He wasn't interested.

It was the mayonnaise he was after.

I gave him a little on a knife.

Now he jumps on the counter every day at lunchtime and pesters us until we give him some mayonnaise.

I think he's addicted to it.
Mine love the mayonnaise also - I might give them a smidgen of bread from a sandwich that has mayo on it. It is a rare treat though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 11:00 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,831,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
Mine love the mayonnaise also - I might give them a smidgen of bread from a sandwich that has mayo on it. It is a rare treat though.
Of my seven cats, he's the only one who likes it.

I felt guilty giving it to him so we only gave him little tastes.

Then I did research and found out that it was actually good for him (in moderation).

So now he gets his Mayo fix every day.

I even use it bribe him, trick him, and reward him for taking his medication.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:07 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Boiled eggs is a new one! My dad's cat loved green beans, cantaloupe and corn on the cob....he was seen once on the stove,

trying to get a cob of corn out of the boiling pot

Old 07-14-2018, 09:20 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,762,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
I haven't tried boiled eggs for my Girls. But ...

Yesterday, I whisked an egg with Lactaid. Added just a little bit of butter to the pan to scramble the mix.

And ...

One ate about 2 tablespoons and the other ate maybe 1 tablespoon.

The leftover scrambled egg is in the refrigerator for another try tomorrow.

And ...

If they don't finish it off, it is food for the birds.
The leftovers that were served were not leftover. Looks like scrambled eggs are on the menu for my Girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats