Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 07:31 AM

2,978 posts, read 3,923,274 times

Advertisements

I'm so glad to read this update! Sounds like everything worked out. Hooray!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 07:43 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,188,904 times
Thanks for the update. Sounds like the menagerie is one happy family. I had your thread on follow so it popped up when there was a new post. Still waiting on a picture of Blaze! I was intrigued with the description of him you gave of him when you started your thread.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:23 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times
So glad to hear things are going so well. I'm sure Blaze has a happy life ahead of him. Good job you guys.

Thanks for the update, my friend.

Old 05-23-2018, 12:00 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Hi CatDad,
Apologize for missing earlier posting you made.
Serendipitously, I just came to add a post to this thread. Sorry people, for the long post...

Yes, it has been a rather harmonious road with Blaze, at least in the human sense. Could tell he was going to stick around. But, have watched Twinkie get upset, as he is the male heirarchy here.

After having Blaze neutered, I expected a month of hormones to leave and peace would return to our small kingdom.
Not so. About a month after Blaze's operation, I caught him spraying the property line---in a huge, constant, 3 second
stream. Even the smell outside the house was unbearable. Him marking the territory really freaked out Twinks. So Twink became less visible, and had to be fed at different times of the day, as he would not approach when Blaze appeared, which was, well; always.

But in the last month, Blaze has succumbed, realized he is loved and wanted, and yesterday I caught him actually playing with Twinkie in the yard. It was endearing. I felt like it had finally come full circle. Blaze has quit spraying, and Twinkie has decided he will tolerate, perhaps even bond; with Blaze.

You know how cats are. It has taken some time, but it was worth it.

Blaze has gone through several health issues since being accepted by the 4 leggers. After neutering, he was fine for about 5 weeks, and gained weight, glossed out fur. Then he suddenly lost weight. Blaze is intolerant of other human touch besides ours, so have on hand amoxicyllin, among other articles in our pet emergency kit. Wife used to care for exotics, and knows a lot about animal care. So she administered the antibiotic for 10 days, and a product called Vibactra. Blaze completely recovered.

Now, last week, he arrived in the morn with an eye that looked bad. She applied terramycin opthamology ointment,
and the eye cleared 2 days ago. We can only hope he is now well. They all receive flea treatment once a month, plenty of wet food, and lots of love. To see Blaze and Twinkie playing through the hedges yesterday and today, made it all worth it. I think he's going to be fine. I caught them this evening lying next to each other

By the way, I think you most likely know I have a new puppy (Great pyrenees) He is now 5 months old, gigantic...and Blaze has adopted him as his own. He follows said 85 pound pup all over the property, rubs against him, and plays with him. 'Hide and Seek' is their favorite game. They dart amongst the palm groupings and dash after one another, never touching, but gleefully 'laughing' as only the 4 leggers can
Good to hear...

Old 05-23-2018, 01:08 PM

24,519 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Blaze riding the puppy at the Kentucky Derby:>)
I am so glad you did not give up on him. Until furries learn to text they depend on those humans who understand them.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:31 AM

7,057 posts, read 4,818,181 times
Quote:
Hi CatDad,
Apologize for missing earlier posting you made.
Serendipitously, I just came to add a post to this thread. Sorry people, for the long post...

Yes, it has been a rather harmonious road with Blaze, at least in the human sense. Could tell he was going to stick around. But, have watched Twinkie get upset, as he is the male heirarchy here.

After having Blaze neutered, I expected a month of hormones to leave and peace would return to our small kingdom.
Not so. About a month after Blaze's operation, I caught him spraying the property line---in a huge, constant, 3 second
stream. Even the smell outside the house was unbearable. Him marking the territory really freaked out Twinks. So Twink became less visible, and had to be fed at different times of the day, as he would not approach when Blaze appeared, which was, well; always.

But in the last month, Blaze has succumbed, realized he is loved and wanted, and yesterday I caught him actually playing with Twinkie in the yard. It was endearing. I felt like it had finally come full circle. Blaze has quit spraying, and Twinkie has decided he will tolerate, perhaps even bond; with Blaze.

You know how cats are. It has taken some time, but it was worth it.

Blaze has gone through several health issues since being accepted by the 4 leggers. After neutering, he was fine for about 5 weeks, and gained weight, glossed out fur. Then he suddenly lost weight. Blaze is intolerant of other human touch besides ours, so have on hand amoxicyllin, among other articles in our pet emergency kit. Wife used to care for exotics, and knows a lot about animal care. So she administered the antibiotic for 10 days, and a product called Vibactra. Blaze completely recovered.

Now, last week, he arrived in the morn with an eye that looked bad. She applied terramycin opthamology ointment,
and the eye cleared 2 days ago. We can only hope he is now well. They all receive flea treatment once a month, plenty of wet food, and lots of love. To see Blaze and Twinkie playing through the hedges yesterday and today, made it all worth it. I think he's going to be fine. I caught them this evening lying next to each other

By the way, I think you most likely know I have a new puppy (Great pyrenees) He is now 5 months old, gigantic...and Blaze has adopted him as his own. He follows said 85 pound pup all over the property, rubs against him, and plays with him. 'Hide and Seek' is their favorite game. They dart amongst the palm groupings and dash after one another, never touching, but gleefully 'laughing' as only the 4 leggers can
Terra, I do think a couple of pics of your furries are in order!!

Old 05-25-2018, 02:33 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,569,029 times
How about Corona (crown of the sun). Or Aurora, some of which are reddish.

Oops! I just now saw the date of the OP. I am a tiny bit late on the name thing, lol. Sorry about that.

Last edited by mlulu23; 05-25-2018 at 03:00 PM..

Old 05-25-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene S View Post
What are you using for bait? Some people swear by KFC, believe it or not.
That is a great idea. As long as they don't include any bones. Cooked bones splinter. Raw bones are flexible.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:13 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,555,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
How about Corona (crown of the sun). Or Aurora, some of which are reddish.

Oops! I just now saw the date of the OP. I am a tiny bit late on the name thing, lol. Sorry about that.
Actually 'Aurora' would have been perfect mlulu. His eyes do have red in them. Like I mentioned first post, never saw a cat with this color of eyes. But, he's been named Blaze for many months, and knows his name. Hence, will not change. But love the suggestion

Old 05-25-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Actually 'Aurora' would have been perfect mlulu. His eyes do have red in them. Like I mentioned first post, never saw a cat with this color of eyes. But, he's been named Blaze for many months, and knows his name. Hence, will not change. But love the suggestion
Thank you very much. I'm glad you liked it. I think Blaze is a very good masculine name for him that fits. And it's easy to remember, and say. He knows it now, and that is huge. Now that I think about it Aurora might be good for a girl cat some day. It has a graceful, feminine sound to it. Blaze, and Aurora sound good together.

To answer your post I looked up red auroras on a whim, and found this article about Blood Auroras. Never knew they existed, but this is pretty cool. They are very, very red! Spectacular.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...and-foreboding

This was more the color I was hoping to find a name to match. Blaze works fine. A big orange crush, lol.

Solar Prominence with images of Jupiter and Earth for size comparison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_prominence

--------------------------------
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats