Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 10:01 AM

7,058 posts, read 4,818,181 times

Advertisements

He's beautiful, Terra! His eyes do look like the eyes of the kitty in Mlulu's picture!
He looks tiny in this picture, small and cobby.
Thanks for sharing his picture!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 01:13 PM

6,147 posts, read 4,511,316 times
Aw, he looks sweet and he does have amazing eyes. Who could resist him?

Old 05-30-2018, 02:13 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
He's so unusually beautiful!

Never seen a cat like that....

ps your tomato pie recipe has been added to the thread.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:30 PM

24,525 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Blaze is a cutie! Please take good care of him. He will grow into a porch/lap cat.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:19 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
You are most welcome . It is a stunning photo. And it had that mix of eye colors that could have been Blaze. So I threw it out there. It looks like a black panther in the night. The blazing colors next to the jet black. Very piercing indeed . Yes, I love changing wallpaper. My longest WP was one looking out from a bamboo forest that I mined online.

I wonder how they got the kitty to stay still long enough to take the photograph. Or just how they did it. I searched for cats with red in their eyes because the OP said Blaze's eyes were like that. I wanted to see since they sounded unique. But that turned up some awful kitty eye afflictions too like pink eye, poor kitties .
Are you sure it's a photograph, and not artwork? I can't decide myself, but I'm leaning towards artwork. No matter though, still beautiful.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:26 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times
Blaze is simply gorgeous, and I've never seen eyes like his before. It's good to know he's claimed you as his, and that he'll have a good life ahead of him. Congratulations my friend.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:45 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,569,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Blazes' eyes change color every day. Sometimes they are almost all a shade of red, other times they are yellow with red edging. Sometimes they are deep, brilliant orange. I promise, I will do my best to get a picture of him to add to the thread. After all, it is about him

As for the pictures, yes, I've seen Blazes' eyes the color of the real kitty, but a bit more intense.

Here's my desktop wallpaper. It's what always reminds me of Twinkie, my 'Cheshire cat'

City Data resized it. But full size, you can see his cheshire grin.

Twinkies' fur under his mouth and towards his chin, across his lower jaw gives the appearance of the surly grin, especially at a distance.
His eyes behave like hazel eyes. They change with the lighting, and surroundings. Kind of like a kitty mood ring, lol.

Yes, this is Blaze's thread. I apologize for going on, and on in my above post. I was desperate for an answer to her potty training, sigh. But should have started her own thread.

I'm so glad to have found Blaze's fraternal twin . But the poor Russian cat looks so sad, and dejected. It needs to be spoiled rotten. Send it our way.

I love the coloring of the moonlight sheen on his coat, and his glowing eyes. Now you will have to give us a photo of Twinkie, the master of the estate.

Old 06-01-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Sorry, it's overcast outside, so picture is a bit dark. But here's Blaze.

Like I mentioned, his eyes do change color. If I can catch him when the daylight is just dawning, and a wisp of sunlight kisses his eyes, the brillance that I saw when first meeting him would be more apparent.

He is a real lovebug, to both of us. But Vet has already kicked him out, unless he is to be under anesthesia. Go figure. Many cats are one/two person critters, imho.
Ahh, he looks like a kitten. Really, he looks young. Did the vet have any idea how old he might be? And the photo is good. The overcast conditions soften things, and brings out the color. Very cool palms, etc back there. Is that your garden, or the neighbors? The cats would love being supreme ruler of the Florida jungle.

You'll just have to bring your camera with you all the time, and take candid shots to satisfy our lust for new photos . But it is hard to get them to hold still long enough sometimes to pose for the camera, especially their faces .

You guys earned his trust, that's why. The vet was just a "torturer" of cats. To Blaze's way of thinking at least .

Last edited by mlulu23; 06-02-2018 at 12:02 AM..

Old 06-02-2018, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Are you sure it's a photograph, and not artwork? I can't decide myself, but I'm leaning towards artwork. No matter though, still beautiful.
Gosh catdad7x, I haven't the foggiest. The article is about cat's eye's in the dark. So idk if it's a special type of camera for that kind of situation. It might be a combination of the two, an enhanced photo. Or maybe that belongs in the artwork section . I love the detail of the eyes.

Old 06-02-2018, 04:15 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,555,450 times
Ms. Mlulu, those are our palms. It is an acre and a half. I planted the smaller ones by hand years back. They fit in a cadillac at the time. (I didn't have a truck, I do now) Look at them now!

No, Blaze is an adult. He is bigger than the photo makes him out to be. Not a large cat, but not small. They agreed, around 2. yrs. old.

The Vet is right? I knew upon my return from the neutering. I felt so bad telling the Assistants when I had first walked in 'he was a sweetie...' (I think, I still haven't figured it out)

When I walked back in they insisted on a cage, and only me touching him. I had no idea. Perhaps the environment, the noise, the atmosphere, or even them... I couldn't believe he did not go peacefully. I walked back out to the car and brought a proper cage. Assistant was relieved, lol. She wore gloves up past her elbows (and this is a drugged cat!) and I just walked up to him, spoke his name, and issued him in the cage. She was relieved. I was spooked, as I think Blaze was too... Not a peep on the way home, as was before. A very peaceful cat, with great understanding that he was being loved on.

People....

Last edited by TerraDown; 06-02-2018 at 04:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats