Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 01:23 PM

1,655 posts, read 1,888,176 times

Advertisements

My two house cats have their own water bowl in the bathroom, and the dog water bowl in the kitchen. They will drink from either bowl and surprisingly have no desire to drink from the faucet.

It's the barn cat that isn't right

He insists on drinking after one of the horses when it gets turned out every morning. I have to keep a cement block or a salt block right next to all the outdoor tubs so the cat can reach the water.

Yesterday I moved the salt block because the area was getting too muddy and I had to move it a good distance from the water tub. The cat must have blessed me out for at least three minutes. Walking around, meowing ------ meowing and walking around --- all in close proximity to me.

The cat's around 13 years and has been here since he was a kitten --- I will move the water tub the next time I have to dump & clean it and not until --- the cat has five other water tub options where he can easily reach the water ----- he has food and water in the garage --- his only suffering is mental-----

This same cat also rides the 4-wheeler with me --- all the time --- as long as I pick him up --- he CAN jump but why should he-----
Cats prefer to drink from sink-image.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 02:14 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,238,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normashirley View Post
My two house cats have their own water bowl in the bathroom, and the dog water bowl in the kitchen. They will drink from either bowl and surprisingly have no desire to drink from the faucet.

It's the barn cat that isn't right

He insists on drinking after one of the horses when it gets turned out every morning. I have to keep a cement block or a salt block right next to all the outdoor tubs so the cat can reach the water.

Yesterday I moved the salt block because the area was getting too muddy and I had to move it a good distance from the water tub. The cat must have blessed me out for at least three minutes. Walking around, meowing ------ meowing and walking around --- all in close proximity to me.

The cat's around 13 years and has been here since he was a kitten --- I will move the water tub the next time I have to dump & clean it and not until --- the cat has five other water tub options where he can easily reach the water ----- he has food and water in the garage --- his only suffering is mental-----

This same cat also rides the 4-wheeler with me --- all the time --- as long as I pick him up --- he CAN jump but why should he-----
Attachment 195156
Your barn cat sounds like an interesting fellow. Thanks for the cute story.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:36 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,051,103 times
It's instinct. I bought my cat a fountain and she drinks way more now. Before I'd have to run the faucet to make sure she was drinking enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats