Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 04:20 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times

Advertisements

I said a cat of mine has never 'sprayed' before. I think one did. First, I saw him do it outside. Now, I think he did it inside.

I am currently choking on Odoban from soaking that area.

I read that the subordinate cat does this. This is the one I call my bully. I am super-confused now.

And seriously, I am not going to live with this. Period. Bully cat has been on thin ice already.

I cannot live with a cat that sprays. No person should live with anal secretions on their curtains or carpet or whatever. It's beyond disgusting.

I hate it for him that he needs to be an 'only pet' and he is forced to have a brother cat and a dog to cope with. The only thing that has kept me from surrendering him to rescue is fear that someone will adopt him and not be a good pawrent.

They might start with no other pets but then acquire one or more. He has some irritating habits that have nothing to do with other pets that I am used to and don't mind, but I fear him being turned out. Like he had been when I found him. I can't deal with thinking of him on the street, but I also can't make myself do PTS, though I do think that is the kindest thing for him.

His back-story is that he appeared one day to eat from my stray cat cafe but was willing to come in, so of course I did all the things and kept him. From the start, he took over, bullying my little girl, eventually literally running her off. Probably into a car.

This other by cat that I inherited can stand up to him better, I don't think he will get chased into a car, but it is a bit miserable sometimes.

The other cat won't come in until bully cat is not only in, but 'put away' in the bathroom. Because bully cat will attack him to prevent him from coming in. Bully wants him to GO AWAY.

I'm at the point of blowing money on a pet psychic. Years ago, someone on here had a similar situation and swears the psychic fixed it. Or 'communicator' Whatever. Something has to happen.

(No, I cannot keep them in. In fact, trying to do that only causes the bully to attack the other cat until I do let him out).

I was about to take him in to get prozac, which my Vet previously did not want to do (could make him worse) until there was a long pause in the attacking. But now this spraying. ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 05:34 PM

457 posts, read 497,511 times
I have a cat who has been the target of bullying and started eliminating inappropriately. She has now been on prozac for over a year and the issues stopped immediately. It's worth a shot.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tla921 View Post
I have a cat who has been the target of bullying and started eliminating inappropriately. She has now been on prozac for over a year and the issues stopped immediately. It's worth a shot.
Yeah. My vet is very worried it will make him worse on the bullying issue. I'm not sure he is a bully. Maybe a poor baby who is insecure.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:30 PM

457 posts, read 497,511 times
I just remembered that at the same time the "target" went on Prozac, the "bully" went on Buspirone. It certainly calmed him down (and made him overly affectionate). But, since the target stopped her improper poo/pee issues, she's the only one that stayed on the meds.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:07 PM

He didn't pee outside the box. He sprayed - that is an entirely different thing. The smell is totally different, the reason behind it is different. guh. Poor baby, but ugh. It's by the front door, inside, seems a desperate attempt on his part to keep the other one from coming in.

I am going to try again to put him at my feet when I go to bed. That seems to be a big deal. That is where he wants to be, but he won't go on his own of the other cat gets up first - even though the other cat wants my torso.

I guess he needs to have me to himself at least for sleepy time. IDK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats