Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 04:57 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times

Advertisements

Great job!!! Just from my own experience with neutered males, his fighting will decrease enormously but he will still get into an occasional fight to defend the area where he lives. He has to or he'll be vanquished by other males. He won't however fight to gain females. So don't be surprised if he still gets into an occasional fight. Also it will take a couple weeks or so for his hormones to dissipate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 06:02 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times
It can take up to six weeks for all the hormones to leave a male cat after he's been neutered.

Please don't return him tonight, it will not be safe for him, the anesthesia will be in his system for at least 24 hours.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:21 AM

2,373 posts, read 1,914,161 times
Right. His pupils are enlarged and he's not aggressive now because he's drugged. Don't put him out till he's perfect or he's just a target. Give him something to eat when the vet said it won't make him sick. It won't domesticate him necessarily, if that's a concern.

Last edited by petsandgardens; 04-04-2018 at 10:49 AM..

Old 04-04-2018, 01:50 PM

17 posts, read 9,523 times
He’s good now. I released him a while ago and he is hanging around my house. He made the whole process so easy.

The cat that attacks him 95% of the time, let’s call him “the devil incarnate”, has been coming around so I’m watching him carefully making sure he stays close where I can hear him if they start fighting. I haven’t seen the other attacker like in two weeks. We call that other cat his son, because they are identical.

I feel like trapping “the devil incarnate” and taking him directly to animal control. I can’t stand his aggressiveness. I feel like that cat is gonna kill one of my cats eventually. Maybe I should since whoever feeds him doesn’t bother to get him fixed. I doubt I can trap him since he doesn’t eat here.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:28 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,924,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppa Cochon View Post
I feel like trapping “the devil incarnate” and taking him directly to animal control. I can’t stand his aggressiveness. I feel like that cat is gonna kill one of my cats eventually. Maybe I should since whoever feeds him doesn’t bother to get him fixed. I doubt I can trap him since he doesn’t eat here.
You may indeed be able to trap him, even if he eats elsewhere, if you use really good "bait" in the trap. I've read that KFC is irrisistable to feral cats, for instance. It isn't his fault he's not neutered.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:36 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene S View Post
You may indeed be able to trap him, even if he eats elsewhere, if you use really good "bait" in the trap. I've read that KFC is irrisistable to feral cats, for instance. It isn't his fault he's not neutered.
If you use something like that, just remember to remove all bones and skin. Only the meat is safe for the cat.

Peppa - thanks for the update.

Old 04-04-2018, 05:12 PM

17 posts, read 9,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene S View Post
I know it’s not his fault but I think he will end up killing The other 3 cats. I had not realized how beaten the trapped cat was when I opened this thread. He, “devil incarnate”, is killing the cat That just got neutered. He’s a bully and wants all the neighborhood for himself.

If I fix him and he continues fighting, I probably won’t be able to trap him again.

Old 04-04-2018, 05:59 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,616,013 times
Quote:
I know it’s not his fault but I think he will end up killing The other 3 cats. I had not realized how beaten the trapped cat was when I opened this thread. He, “devil incarnate”, is killing the cat That just got neutered. He’s a bully and wants all the neighborhood for himself.

If I fix him and he continues fighting, I probably won’t be able to trap him again.
At that point, should you need it, call your County Animal Control as he'll most certainly be caught then by them & removed from the area. I hate saying that but in some situations there's no alternative.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:37 PM

6,150 posts, read 4,516,808 times
Quote:

It would be worth trapping and neutering that one if you can. I'm just afraid you'll spend all your money on KFC just to catch your own guys again. But he sounds really dangerous and I'm sure there's a way to get animal control to pick him up for you without them putting him down. Do you know where he gets fed?

Old 04-17-2018, 12:13 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,924,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel Pantoja View Post
I’m the OP. I forgot my sign in info. Sorry for the cheesy screen name LOL.

The cat is doing fine. The other cat, “The devil incarnate” is coming around less often. Way less.

I’m so glad I fixed him. He was so hurt when I took him to the humane society clinic. That other cat was gonna kill him.

I don’t know if I’ll be able to trap the other cat. If he stops coming around completely, I might not need to do so. I wish whoever feeds him would fix him.

Human society only charged me $10 for the surgery, shots, and even a microchip. I also gave them a small donation.
That's great news! Likely the un-neutered cat has figured out that there are no more hormones coming from the other cat, so no reason to confront him anymore.

Our humane society has a similar program called Project Guardian. Did they notch his ear?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats