Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 01:10 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
She is coming around; staying out from wherever she is hiding longer and longer. She is coming out at night mostly; and last night she spent a lot of time 'bonding' after I went to bed. She came up and got very friendly, purring and rubbing etc. I know she spent time exploring the house after I fell asleep because a few things on my dresser were turned over, nothing broken. She is getting 'nosey' which is a good sign. Also eating fairly well overnight and using the litterbox. She is hiding this morning, or just sleeping ... whatever. I'm not coaxing her at all, just letting her do her thing. Fresh food and water is out and litter is clean.

Thanks y'all for the support!

Yay...glad she's adjusting well..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 02:54 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Thank you, yes, she is earning an "A" today. Pretty darned good considering she's only been here since last Friday afternoon. I had to do some errands this afternoon for a good 2/3 hours, and I can tell she came out from her hiding place because she had used the litterbox and had eaten 1/2 of her food. I've had friends tell me it took their adopted kitties a lot longer than a week, but eventually as you all have said, they come around.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:19 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Thank you, yes, she is earning an "A" today. Pretty darned good considering she's only been here since last Friday afternoon. I had to do some errands this afternoon for a good 2/3 hours, and I can tell she came out from her hiding place because she had used the litterbox and had eaten 1/2 of her food. I've had friends tell me it took their adopted kitties a lot longer than a week, but eventually as you all have said, they come around.
I agree. She's making good progress settling in, and in a relatively short amount of time. She'll be owning the whole place, and you, in no time at all.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:51 AM

^^^ yes, she spent most of last night sleeping on my bed. Purring away, kneading with eyes closed and so forth. I took a bunch of pictures the other day, but when I went to text and send some, my phone was on 'recording video'. lol! I am not savvy with the 'apps'. Will have my techie neighbor figure it out so I can upload a few pics of the sweetie. She IS the owner now.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsandgardens View Post
I have some soft sided pet carriers with lots of sturdy sort of netting here and there for the cat to breath well and look out. The cats love them. The vet weighs the bag every now and then when the cat is out. Then she weighs the cat. After that she knows the bag weight is consistent so she can figure the cat weight without the cat leaving his/her safe bag.

The bag has a zipper on top so a long top piece can be zipped open. And the same on the front. A couple of times she has given a new rescue a shot while the cat was still in the carrier so it felt more comfortable.

Sounds similar to the bag I have, I can take her out of the top opening or front first which also has a zipper. Good idea to weigh her in the bag. I was supposed to take her today, but put it off for 2 more weeks ... she is just getting to trust me and I don't want to upset her and start all over, best to give her more time.

Old 04-14-2018, 10:42 PM

62 posts, read 50,603 times
Quote:
Sounds similar to the bag I have, I can take her out of the top opening or front first which also has a zipper. Good idea to weigh her in the bag. I was supposed to take her today, but put it off for 2 more weeks ... she is just getting to trust me and I don't want to upset her and start all over, best to give her more time.
She sounds like a sensitive girl who has been through a lot of disruption recently. Unless she seems unwell in some way, I think you are doing the right thing to allow her more time to settle down first.

I have adopted two adults cats in the past. One took no time to adjust at all while the other took a few days, but he was more sensitive. I think it has a lot to do with their personalities in general. Some cats can be very sensitive and need someone who will be understanding of their needs and temperament.

She is lucky to have you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats