Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 03:50 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times

Advertisements

This pic I entitled "The Baby." But this baby turns 17 on Tuesday. It was scanned from a photo so please excuse the condition.

Cat
Attached Thumbnails
your kitties when they were babies ... (PIC)-baby.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 04:01 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Here is Elvira when she first came to live with us.

Here is Baby Josette.

Cat

Old 04-29-2018, 04:16 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,752,456 times
We found Jingles in an empty lot next door four years ago. She was four weeks old, fuzzy, had blue eyes and was so cute! Now she is sleek, golden-eyed and is totally black without one white hair anywhere. I adore her. ❤️

Attachment 197621

Last edited by jean_ji; 05-13-2020 at 07:10 AM..

Old 04-29-2018, 07:11 PM

457 posts, read 496,313 times
This is Tissy. My husband found her in May '04 covered in motor oil, starving, weighing about 6 oz. She had to be bottle fed and given calorie supplements.
The second picture is from a couple of years ago.
She's our little old lady of 14 now.
Still a gorgeous girl.
Attached Thumbnails
your kitties when they were babies ... (PIC)-tissy.jpg   your kitties when they were babies ... (PIC)-tissy-2.jpg  

Old 04-29-2018, 07:47 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Oh my gosh, I have CUTENESS OVERLOAD!! Thanks so much for all the photos -- I have loved seeing the "transitions" from babies to grown-ups that some of you have shared.

Catdad, I LOVE all the photos you posted. You are truly an amazing human being. (You do know that we all adore you, right? ) The preparations you took for the kittens were fantastic -- not too many humans would have been as attentive.

But to all of you, thanks for posting! Would love to see more!

Old 04-30-2018, 11:19 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
This is Emily and Saami at about two months:

Here's Emily a year before she left us at about ten years old:

And here's Saami at about eleven, still with us:

These kitties were either sisters or cousins born to a pair of working cats, mousers, at a country flower and tree nursery. The kittens went back and forth between the nests so often that pretty soon no one seemed to know who belonged to whom!

Emily was a persistent hunter but over time she seemed to understand that we didn't want her to kill the prey and almost always brought them to us unharmed to release. She developed a fast-spreading cancer a while ago and we had to put her to rest. I wonder if it weren't all the chemicals on the farm where she was born. It was devastating to both of us as she had such an engaging personality and was very bright and anxious to please.

She was the runt and I had only asked them to save me an orange cat but they had Emily left that nobody wanted and urged me to take her too. She must have know that when you're the runt you have to try harder. LOL. Best cat I ever owned.

Saami is a lady of leisure and doesn't care if she ever goes outside again. She is a one person cat and I suspect doesn't care for me any more than she needs to. But her manners are excellent and she's pleasant to have around.

The nursery, when it was time to give the kittens away, set them in a box by the cash register. I think this may have been a mistake and that Saami must have been mishandled by a small child whose mother was probably too busy with her flowers to properly supervise. At any rate, after all these years, she is still very uncomfortable being held or snuggled.

At four this afternoon she will come down from the upstairs and reach up and put a paw on my leg to say, "Good afternoon. I've come for my lunch." She rarely speaks unless it's to swear at the vet or to tell me I'm doing something she doesn't like. But her purr is a mighty rumble.

Edit: I see by the dates on the pictures that I've estimated wrong.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:36 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Oh my gosh, I have CUTENESS OVERLOAD!! Thanks so much for all the photos -- I have loved seeing the "transitions" from babies to grown-ups that some of you have shared.

Catdad, I LOVE all the photos you posted. You are truly an amazing human being. (You do know that we all adore you, right? ) The preparations you took for the kittens were fantastic -- not too many humans would have been as attentive.

But to all of you, thanks for posting! Would love to see more!
And thank you for starting this wonderful thread.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:50 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,552,551 times
I can only find 2 pictures of BabiBoo for now. Wife colored them up in one of her paint programs. In the first one, I think she was removing her hand from holding Boo's bottom half. Boo sure is a cutie
She had a hellish beginning, kicked out of her own litter and attacked by her litter mates, so way too young when she came to us. But she's turned out to be a wonderful kitty.

Last edited by TerraDown; 04-30-2018 at 01:11 PM..

Old 04-30-2018, 12:11 PM

The previously mentioned Bucky (post #5 & 6). He grew into one handsome fellow, and was a love-bug to his humans. But he could be a bit of a troublemaker when he ran out of things to do. He left me way too early at 6-1/2. He got sick & doc treated him for an infection. He got better, then sick again. Was going to take him back in for tests on a Monday morning, but the night before he just laid down, went to sleep, and never woke up. Really broke my heart. Couldn't afford a necropsy, so we never knew what took him.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:23 PM

This little lady is the previously mentioned Princess Sheba. She's quite the lap kitty and possessive of her human. She still has bursts of kitten rowdiness at age 13, and one of her favorite things to do is shredding newspaper. She's also the only cat in town that has her own personal face washer (that would be me). As she lays in my lap being petted, I put my hand/fingers in front of her mouth so she can lick them till they're wet, then I run them all over her face-head-neck-chin-etc.. She gets cleaned in the proper cat manner and doesn't have to do any of the work. Works for her.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats