Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 04:03 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,642,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
My cats like Fancy Feast Classic, a pate style....seafood is first, then chicken and beef.
Yes, they all seem to really love fancy feast, wonder what is in there to make it so irresistible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Yeah, they are little pellets. They do have some filler ingredients if I recall, but a significant proportion of the ingredients were freeze dried meat, mostly rabbit, some pork. I just smoosh 2-3 between my fingers and top the food with it.

I'm thankful because it seems to help on those occasions where he sniffs his food and then gives me that look. You know the one. He sits down and looks at me with those big eyes, and he's like "I'm sorry mama but this isn't what I wanted. You will give me something different, yes?" That pitiable, adorable look.

I'm able to find small pouches of it for like $1.99 at Petsmart. We don't go through it fast, so I don't buy a lot at a time.
Oh yes, the "look", times 5. Thanks for that recommendation, I just ordered some. Hopefully they will work. Also ordered more catatouile for a treat, that should go over well.

Noticed they have a new line of canned foods, or at least this is the first time I've seen them, called "Walkabout". They are from Australia, some made with Brushtail and duck, and some with Kangaroo. Chewy posted that there are shipping restrictions to CA. I checked and it's because Kangaroo meat and skin imports are banned there because of a historical decline in their numbers due to habitat destruction and excessive hunting. I had no idea, thought they were very numerous. So, not going to buy THAT food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 12:41 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,642,730 times
Sonic_Spork, than you for the raw mixers recommendation. The order arrived yesterday and everyone is going nuts for it. I couldn't bring myself to order the bunny kind, but the chicken works just fine. They actually finished ALL of their canned food last night!

Old 05-30-2018, 01:21 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Sonic_Spork, than you for the raw mixers recommendation. The order arrived yesterday and everyone is going nuts for it. I couldn't bring myself to order the bunny kind, but the chicken works just fine. They actually finished ALL of their canned food last night!
Yay!

The only caution I have for any kind of freeze dried raw stuff like that, is for some reason any time I've ever tried adding a bit of water, essentially re-hydrating it, it's made Nimbus throw up. Every single time. That applies with this stuff, as well as those like "Pure Bites" that are just freeze dried meat treats.

So I can sprinkle it on wet food, but I can't add extra water, which I thought was a smart idea, on top of that. Nope.

YMMV, it could just be a Nimbus thing.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:33 PM

Holy smokes...

This morning I opened up a thing of the Catatoille, which I don't feed that often (it costs more) and there was a ton of carrots and celery in there. Way less meat and more veg than normal. Weird. Nimbus didn't want it. I didn't blame him.

I hope it was a fluke. I hate it when manufacturers change things. Gr.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:56 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Our two at home get Fancy Feast various seafood types in gravy. They hate the pate', but love the gravy ones. Mama Kitty loves Sheba seafood, also in gravy. None of them seem to like any of it without gravy.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:55 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
I have a new kitten, and she eats anything!

Snickers was a Fancy Feast cat, but I feed Bandit Wellness, Soulistic, and Merrick. She prefers chunks, shreds and morsels to pate, but that may be because she's a kitten. And she eats like a hog, too. I'll give her a can of food, she eats it all, and then looks at me like she's saying, "don't I get more?"
Attached Thumbnails
What do you feed?? (canned cat food)-bandit.jpg  

Old 06-04-2018, 05:57 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I have a new kitten, and she eats anything!

Snickers was a Fancy Feast cat, but I feed Bandit Wellness, Soulistic, and Merrick. She prefers chunks, shreds and morsels to pate, but that may be because she's a kitten. And she eats like a hog, too. I'll give her a can of food, she eats it all, and then looks at me like she's saying, "don't I get more?"

I don't think I could resist that cute little face either.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:13 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I don't think I could resist that cute little face either.
She knows she's cute too. It's hard to resist when she poses, and looks even cuter.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:55 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
The only one my (all three) cats will eat consistently is Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers or Grilled varieties... they don't care for pate! Seems Fancy Feast is the winner overall, at least based on the answers I've read here. What do they put in that food? Catnip?

Old 06-05-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
The only one my (all three) cats will eat consistently is Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers or Grilled varieties... they don't care for pate! Seems Fancy Feast is the winner overall, at least based on the answers I've read here. What do they put in that food? Catnip?
I don't necessarily feed it because of the cat's preferences, I feed it because out of all the ones on Dr. Pierson's chart that are within acceptable levels of carbs, and are not fish, FF is not viciously expensive. I can get it for $0.58 per can, rather than paying like $1.49 for a can of Wellness or something.

The "grain free" thing is kind of over-hyped if they're just going to fill the food with potato (or "cellulose" for crying out loud--sawdust, really, Rachel Ray??) and charge 3 times as much for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats