Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 12:58 AM

17 posts, read 11,491 times

Advertisements

That's amazing how you guys have few Cats

How do they get along? As in do they fight or get along because Cats are very territorial lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 07:08 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,922,116 times
We have four--18, 10, and two 4 year olds. Two were adopted from local shelters, one was dumped in our neighborhood, and the last was found abandoned as a kitten by my parents (who are dog people).

The 10 year old calico dislikes everyone else, especially the other female. But thankfully, she keeps her distance and everyone co-exists with some occasional hissing/swatting.

I had hoped that after our old cat passes, that we could stick with 3, but we'll have to see how the dynamics play out. We may need to get another to keep the peace.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:29 AM

457 posts, read 496,663 times
We are owned by three.

14 yo, she is dark gray and very timid but sweet. She gets bullied by one of our cats.

13 yo going on 2. I swear this boy won't grow up. He's the ginger bully. He has designated me as "his" person.

14 yo, another male ginger. We know he is at least 14 and grumpy. My DH is "his" person.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:29 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,218,259 times
We have two "official" cats, Bianca and Penelope, both 14. We also feed a host of outside cats, one that we are trying to adopt. Rufus is really standoffish, but I think he is warming up to us. I think we are the official feeding station for about a half dozen cats. We buy cat food in bulk. There are a couple of cats we chase off, because we know where they live and they have their own humans to feed them.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:49 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
We have two at home, Lucky and Daisy, and Mama Cat who lives in our shop office. She is a feral we took in a few years ago, but we have fed her for probably 6 years or more.

I seriously would be the crazy cat lady if I could. I can't pass the ones at the pet store without wanting to take them all home with me.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:00 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,075,475 times
2 kitties

Old 10-26-2018, 09:10 AM

2,954 posts, read 1,411,398 times
I have one Siamese mix cat named Taffee, which was her name when I adopted her from the rescue. Unfortunately she hates other cats and people, so I'm her one and only companion.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:21 AM

922 posts, read 791,010 times
We currently have 6.

Started out with 2, (Maynard and Marvin) then Maynard passed away suddenly. Marvin was deeply depressed (as was I) so we adopted a kitten, Martha, who got along great with Marvin, but didn't like being held and loved on. Then we were given a stray kitten, Malcom, who was very affectionate and sweet, but he also passed suddenly.

I missed having a kitty I could hold and cuddle, so we adopted Maxine, who was three years old. Marvin still hates her, but she is very cuddly and laid back.

Then one day, my husband found two tiny kittens under our truck. A black one, Ebony, and a white one, Ivory. Ebony is sweet and Ivory is a holy terror. The next day he found their tiny sister, a marbled calico that we named Baby. They were a little sick with colds and we nursed them back to health. We were originally going to find homes for them, but we ended up getting too attached and truly enjoy their kittenish antics and unique personalities. Marvin and Maxine are fine with the babies, but Martha hates the very sight of them.

We certainly never wanted to end up with six kitties, but here we are, and I can't imagine life without them now.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:04 AM

24,494 posts, read 10,825,052 times
Izzi and Bizzi, ShadowCat and ChaCha or let me rephrase holy terror, trouble and mischief.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:53 AM
JRR

8,163 posts, read 5,654,439 times
We currently have one 8 year old female black cat. But while my wife is out running errands today, she is going to be stopping by the local shelter to check out a young male that I found on Petfinder. So we may soon be back to two cats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats