Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 09:02 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times

Advertisements

Ok, try one pouch of wet food from Rachel Ray about $1.20.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 09:21 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,906,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Ok, try one pouch of wet food from Rachel Ray about $1.20.
Amazon reviews: made in Thailand, who knows what's in it.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:30 AM

20,865 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Attachment 208684My six year old black-and-white boy is clearly bored with Fancy Feast (a.k.a. "Kitty crack") and is not gobbling it up at all. He used to be slightly overweight and now he's slight under. We just got back from the vet and he is in good health. I keep a small bowl of Purina next to his water bowl, both fresh, and feed the wet cat food in the morning and then put it away.

Any recommendations for something he might like?
That's an adorable pic!

I think what you'll have to do is try different brands and flavors and keep a log of what he did and didn't like. You'll probably end up throwing away a lot of perfectly good food, however.

My 2 cents is start with Wellness.

Old 03-04-2019, 06:45 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,638,338 times
Quote:
I should try this?

https://www.amazon.com/Stella-Freeze...ll-spons&psc=1

Most reviews are good, though it made one cat vomit.
That’s the one our guys/gals like. No guarantee yours will but it’s a good food and convenient. Ours rarely get anything twice in a row, we like to give them as much variety as possible, just so long as they keep eating them all. We still add new things to the menu now and then but the list above makes up their main diet.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:03 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,923,274 times
Quote:
I should try this?

https://www.amazon.com/Stella-Freeze...ll-spons&psc=1

Most reviews are good, though it made one cat vomit.
Three out of four of ours love the Stella & Chewy freeze dried. A suggestion: I make up the bowls the night before so the water can fully absorb into the food.

Old 03-10-2019, 07:26 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
My cats only like fish flavors, mostly salmon, so we have a mix going to keep them from getting bored. Right now they are happy with Purina Beyond salmon pate after they started turning up their noses at Fancy Feast wild salmon medley. My 18 yr old is so particular we started buying baby food for him again just to keep his weight up.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:49 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,906,197 times
Thank you note: He likes the Stella & Chewy’s, chick, chick, chicken dinner morsels. And hasn't spit them up. So, problem solved for now!

Old 03-19-2019, 04:31 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
Amazon reviews: made in Thailand, who knows what's in it.
Rachel Ray food? I know one thing that's in it. Powdered cellulose. Sawdust. In the wet food.

"MmmMMMMMmmmmm....Sawdust!!"

Seems any time I've tried to re-hydrate freeze dried raw food of any kind, it's made Nimbus sick. I don't know what's up with that. Doesn't agree with him for some reason.

But I've found I can get the Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Boost Mixers (the rabbit) and crumble the pellets onto any kind of wet food and he'll happily eat it up. It's our trick for dealing with his finicky moments. A yummy supplement to the canned stuff.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:57 PM

165 posts, read 122,315 times
I buy Maya Merrick's Purrfect Bistro. She likes it a lot. But she prefers the morsels. She'll begrudgingly eat pate or other ground types but she prefers the morsels. Some flavors she prefers more than others but for the most part I find it pretty good. Also made in America with US sourced meat as far as I know.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:54 AM

749 posts, read 580,033 times
I have a very finicky petite cat who is a very small eater and is underweight.. Took him twice to a vet who says he is healthy.

He likes meat baby food (vet recommended it) , not ala carte, mix it in his food. Also turkey gravy, tiny amounts. Tuna in water and tuna juice.
He meows for food, then eats a little, walks away, nibbles all day. It's a guessing game and I am tired of trying to figure it out, honestly,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats