Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 07:41 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,561,395 times

Advertisements

This poor little cat was forced to be paraded around, drugged, and laughed at, because of her deformity, all her short life. Thank heaven she has been freed from all that now. Poor little thing what a miserable life she led. She is finally at peace.

There are some reports this cat was "declawed" (feline toe amputation) as well. Now why doesn't that surprise me. Despicable. EDIT--I have looked at some pictures and it appears she does have claws, in them.

Last edited by catsmom21; 05-18-2019 at 08:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 08:46 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times
Our whole family was shocked and saddened to hear of her passing. We have coffee mugs and other things with her picture on them.

I hate hearing stories of any cat passing away.

Old 05-18-2019, 05:21 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,373,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
RIP Grumpy Cat, we'll miss you!
Gorgeous cat.

Old 05-18-2019, 05:31 PM

2,954 posts, read 1,411,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Gorgeous cat.
Thank you! Taffee is already twice Grumpy Cat's age. I'm hoping she makes it to her 20s. Grumpy Cat's life was way too short.

Old 05-18-2019, 06:03 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
This poor little cat was forced to be paraded around, drugged, and laughed at, because of her deformity, all her short life. Thank heaven she has been freed from all that now. Poor little thing what a miserable life she led. She is finally at peace.

There are some reports this cat was "declawed" (feline toe amputation) as well. Now why doesn't that surprise me. Despicable. EDIT--I have looked at some pictures and it appears she does have claws, in them.

I don't usually ask but do you have a link to any of this? I can't hardly imagine treating any animal that way let alone one that was worth millions. I'd really appreciate seeing a source for all that. Pretty serious accusations.

Old 05-18-2019, 06:24 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,561,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I don't usually ask but do you have a link to any of this? I can't hardly imagine treating any animal that way let alone one that was worth millions. I'd really appreciate seeing a source for all that. Pretty serious accusations.

You're right, I should have said "allegedly" drugged. I doubt there is any proof, just some articles claiming the suspicion. . The facts are this cat had a deformity which is what made her face look "grumpy". In my opinion she should have been left in peace at home, not dragged around to promotional events all these years. I can't imagine what she suffered.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:09 PM

I don't want to get into a peeing contest about whether Grumpy Cat was subjected to any stress because of her celebrity, I only want to say that she probably had better care and love because of how popular she was and how valuable of a cat she was to the owners. A lot of pet owners might have had her put down earlier, because of her health issues, but these folks did not.

No different that cats who are taken to cat shows, those little ones are pampered and loved tremendously. I also bet GC had the best vet care of any cat on the planet, but, as we all know, sometimes God has other plans and takes them away from us, regardless of how hard we try to save them. When any of mine were at that point, I would have spent ANY amount of money to keep them alive, but sometimes it is just out of our hands.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:44 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,521,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post

The people who kept her said they limited her photo sessions for a quick time, once per week. They said she led a 99% normal cat life.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ernet-meme-gif
Quote:
Her owners had earlier countered claims of exploitation, writing on the Grumpy Cat website that “99% of the time she is a normal kitty” and that “for the safety of our family and that of Grumpy Cat” she did not do personal meetings.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:46 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,521,992 times
https://www.grumpycats.com/about
Quote:
Also, a quick note on Grumpy Cat's wellbeing. We take great care of Tardar Sauce; 99% of the time she is a normal kitty. She plays, hides, and acts as cats act. (She LOVES to hide behind the curtains!) She isn't in front of a camera all of the time like many people perceive. We only take photos sets once every week or so and on the few occasions where we have met with the media or licensed partners we ensure the sessions are short and that she isn't handled by many people. Tardar Sauce is a member of the family before anything else!

Old 05-18-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
That family loved GC, and are obviously hurting very badly right now. A lot of people would have considered her deformities as undesirable, they embraced those flaws and loved her. She wasn't a cash cow (cash cat), she just found an audience who was captivated by her uniqueness.

I feel sorry for that grieving family tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats