Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 03:56 AM

30,214 posts, read 15,980,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
My wife named Speck, Speck because he was literally a tiny speck laying in the middle of a busy, rain-soaked roadway crying his lungs out. He was only about 3-4 weeks old and that moment still affects me.

He's 2 years old and almost 16lb now. Not so much of a Speck anymore but he's my buddy.

wow-sad story with a happy ending.

I like that name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 09:22 AM

1,474 posts, read 1,218,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Not sure if this has been asked before but couldn't find it.

Did you name them? Do they have more than one name?

just curious. photos to go with the names appreciated but not necessary.

Mr. Squeaks - His names has evolved over the years. When I first got him in 2006 I wanted to name him Romo but it just didn't take. We noticed that instead of meowing he would squeak so we called him Squeaks. Don't know where the Mr. came in but we have been calling him that for a couple of years.

Baby - She was the youngest at the time that we got her in 2014 so we started calling her Baby. Her name was Laura at the shelter and I don't like to call pets the same name as friends. She definitely knows her name whether I whisper it or yell it. She's such a sweet kitty.

Lil' Man - This kitty is so playful and crazy! His name was Smudge at the shelter, cute name but not for him. We got him in 2016. We were going to go with Lucky but it didn't stick. He was so tiny when we got him I just started calling him Lil' Man and it's perfect for him. Baby could not stand him for a good 6-8 months but they are besties now!

Old 07-11-2019, 09:41 AM

17,260 posts, read 11,078,289 times
Mrs. Robinson, my rescue feral was named after the movie The Graduate. She's a long haired Siamese and beautiful. Like Ann Bancroft in that movie, she's not only lovely to look at but seductive and a strong, smart, middle aged woman who knows what she wants, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats