Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 02:22 PM

12 posts, read 5,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
You don't know everything, none of us do. But I have much experience with it's use amongst many animals, including cats. I meant what I said. Give the kitten rice water. It works. Re-read my post if I am who you are referring to.

This person sounds as though they are in dire straights, in a foreign land, with a pandemic hitting all of us, and limited resources. With a kitten on the brink. Not everyone has the ability (nor monetary funds) to drop everything and take immediate care with a Vet. He/she said they are trying. In their country, cats are most likely all feral, very few pets. That is real life for billions of people on this earth.

PS: You do realize that many of the things science uses to cure us with are poisonous? Just in the right dosage. And they can ingest it for this purpose. I've used it since I was 18, and that was a loooooooong time ago. It breaks up the intestinal blockage (be it food) and allows it to release.
Yes, you got this right point. Almost 95% cat are feral and 5% are pets. Adoption are very very low in such country where people fighting for foods for their own children. It's a rich person hobby here. I know US, UK and all other 1st class county adoption or pet Cat, Dogs are mostly common. That's why many foods, niturations are available there like normal food.

Here most of cat living with eating rice, rotten foods, fish event vegetables. They most are alive without any problem. I understand that good food is good for pets. but normal natural food are not worse in those case. I think cat have more strength for survive worse event then others. I see lot's of cat can alive without eating anything a week, they must be very weak but they can made it. Good health is one thing and survival is other thing. If you have no option then you must do what you have, You need to be alive!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 02:40 PM

Kitten Update Today...

1. Today Kitten feel better i think . From this morning I unlocked him completely and give him freedom to go everywhere he wants to (inside my room).

2. He pooped this morning at outside mat. not large amount but i think it happening.

3. No aggressive mew mew things. He feel to play with me. I spend some time with rope and other toy and he played with me!!!!! I think now he feel well and understand that i won't hurt him.

4. Now he came close and don't do anything when i going to catch him. And the fun thing is when I message on your nick, head, back he start GRRRRRRR vibration which all cat did when they feel comfort...

5. My bad luck, here is EID vacation start from today and all vet hospital are closed. So can't seek him a vet. Hospital will be open next 5 days. I have to wait.

6. Eat lost of fish!!!! Not all at the same time, he give a brake and after 1 hour again start eating. Still he don't take food own. I have to notice him that Please baby here is your food and eat now slowly!

7. He can eat Fish bone as well!!! Also today tried chicken meat. He loves it!

8. When my door opens, at noon he went outside and I think I lost him. I waited 2 hours and then he back from nowhere... I think he had a walk for his family. Who knows.

That;s it for today and Yes, I can't stop to share this kitten picture with you guys. Here is this little cute kitten...

PLEASE GUYS! Give him a name! That would be great for choosing me a name for him

Old 07-30-2020, 02:46 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
I’ve been following this story along - didn’t have anything to contribute in the way of advice - but I now have to post to say a) I am so glad he is feeling better, and b) that is an ADORABLE kitten.

Thank you for caring and for doing such a great job saving this little soul.

Old 07-30-2020, 02:53 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times
Thanks for the pics. Cats are the best. I'm glad he is doing better.

Old 07-30-2020, 04:40 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times
Thanks for the update. You're doing a great job. I am a bit concerned about the fish bones. Are they raw? Or is the fish you are feeding like sardines? Sardines have soft bones. Hurray for poop! He is a precious boy and he will let you know what his name is by and by. I do love a tuxedo cat.

Old 07-30-2020, 05:19 PM

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times
Oh he is adorable. I love the tuxedo coloring. ( Here in the USA, cats with those colors & markings are referred to as Tuxedo, because they resemble a man in a tuxedo ( formal attire). Fantastic news on the poop, & I love how you are playing together.
Thank you so much for coming back with a good update. Has the swelling gone down?

Old 07-30-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Thanks for the update. You're doing a great job. I am a bit concerned about the fish bones. Are they raw? Or is the fish you are feeding like sardines? Sardines have soft bones. Hurray for poop! He is a precious boy and he will let you know what his name is by and by. I do love a tuxedo cat.
Thanks mate, Those are soft and boiled. That's why i think he can eat it And thanks you for letting me know that is a "Tuxedo" Cat

Old 07-30-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Oh he is adorable. I love the tuxedo coloring. ( Here in the USA, cats with those colors & markings are referred to as Tuxedo, because they resemble a man in a tuxedo ( formal attire). Fantastic news on the poop, & I love how you are playing together.
Thank you so much for coming back with a good update. Has the swelling gone down?
Yes, It getting lower, but not much.. Hope it will be done slowly...

Old 07-30-2020, 06:02 PM

219 posts, read 163,599 times
I give my cat rice and fish because she has colitis. And I've yet to see anything where they tell you to feed cats straight fish. She's doing fine on it. Are you grinding up whole animals to feed your cats? Because that would be optimum.

You are doing a great job with the kitten! They usually bounce back with some care.

Old 07-30-2020, 06:10 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srahman View Post
Kitten Update Today...

1. Today Kitten feel better i think . From this morning I unlocked him completely and give him freedom to go everywhere he wants to (inside my room).

2. He pooped this morning at outside mat. not large amount but i think it happening.

3. No aggressive mew mew things. He feel to play with me. I spend some time with rope and other toy and he played with me!!!!! I think now he feel well and understand that i won't hurt him.

4. Now he came close and don't do anything when i going to catch him. And the fun thing is when I message on your nick, head, back he start GRRRRRRR vibration which all cat did when they feel comfort...

5. My bad luck, here is EID vacation start from today and all vet hospital are closed. So can't seek him a vet. Hospital will be open next 5 days. I have to wait.

6. Eat lost of fish!!!! Not all at the same time, he give a brake and after 1 hour again start eating. Still he don't take food own. I have to notice him that Please baby here is your food and eat now slowly!

7. He can eat Fish bone as well!!! Also today tried chicken meat. He loves it!

8. When my door opens, at noon he went outside and I think I lost him. I waited 2 hours and then he back from nowhere... I think he had a walk for his family. Who knows.

That;s it for today and Yes, I can't stop to share this kitten picture with you guys. Here is this little cute kitten...

PLEASE GUYS! Give him a name! That would be great for choosing me a name for him
How about Batman?

Or a little more complex - Medio Tintero - that Espanol translates to half an inkwell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats