Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 02:35 PM

12 posts, read 5,794 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm Rahman from Bangladesh, Asia. At 8PM a crying kitten entry my room. I was heavy rain outside and I think he lost her family. I immediately cleaning up. But he is so scared. He won't allow me to touch him.. I can't clam him completely and still he is crying ....

In our county pet food are rare. Most of the cat are eat human food, waste and others. Adopted pet are generally eat rice, meat, cow milk and all stuff like human. Now it 3 AM at night. that baby still crying and crying. I tried to give him milk, rice, egg but he is not interested to eat. Just screaming. I don;t understand what should i do.. I'm so upset to see his crying face... and his screaming wake up all of my room members.

I think its 5-6 week kitten, male... Now i just keep him with a cartoon and lights off. his crying is getting down but not stopped.

I'm not a experience with cat. Please tell me what should i can feed him or what can make him more comfort this time. please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 03:17 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Can you get some meat-based baby food? If you can't get cat food it might be the next-best thing. Put it in a bowl near where he is going and eventually he should get hungry enough to try it.

Old 07-28-2020, 05:22 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times
He may not be weaned yet. Since it is unlikely you will have access to kitten formula (also called KMR- Kitten Milk Replacement) I second the jar baby food idea but make sure it is pure meat and broth, no spices. Put a little on your finger and see if he will lick it off. Wipe a little on his mouth to encourage interest.

Babies that young need soft wet runny food. If you can't get the baby food, simmer some meat in a little water until the meat is falling off the bone. Leave the bone to simmer a while longer and mash the meat up into a paste with some of the broth, and follow my instructions above on how to feed with your finger.

Poor little thing he must be starving which is why he is crying. I hope you can save him. Infant kittens go down hill fast though, so don't blame yourself if you cant, you tried.

Old 07-28-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
He may not be weaned yet. Since it is unlikely you will have access to kitten formula (also called KMR- Kitten Milk Replacement) I second the jar baby food idea but make sure it is pure meat and broth, no spices. Put a little on your finger and see if he will lick it off. Wipe a little on his mouth to encourage interest.

Babies that young need soft wet runny food. If you can't get the baby food, simmer some meat in a little water until the meat is falling off the bone. Leave the bone to simmer a while longer and mash the meat up into a paste with some of the broth, and follow my instructions above on how to feed with your finger.

Poor little thing he must be starving which is why he is crying. I hope you can save him. Infant kittens go down hill fast though, so don't blame yourself if you cant, you tried.
Yes, Thanks for your comment. fish is worked!!! He eat them all like monster. Now I understand he was so hungry. I think he not getting food last 2-3 days. Now I feel good to see his face.. :Cat

Old 07-28-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Can you get some meat-based baby food? If you can't get cat food it might be the next-best thing. Put it in a bowl near where he is going and eventually he should get hungry enough to try it.
Yes, Quick Fish mashed works great for now

Old 07-28-2020, 05:33 PM

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srahman View Post
Yes, Thanks for your comment. fish is worked!!! He eat them all like monster. Now I understand he was so hungry. I think he not getting food last 2-3 days. Now I feel good to see his face.. :Cat
Good, maybe you can cook some rice in with the fish. Do you have access to cat foods? Maybe buy him a few cans.

Old 07-28-2020, 05:37 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV1RMT_ld3k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROjzAmZX8q4

Old 07-28-2020, 05:38 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srahman View Post

Yay! Well done! What kind of fish? Is it raw? Now that you've got him eating though he will need a balanced diet to grow properly and be healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Good, maybe you can cook some rice in with the fish. Do you have access to cat foods? Maybe buy him a few cans.

The kitten does not need any rice. Rice (or any grains) is not good for cats.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Yay! Well done! What kind of fish? Is it raw? Now that you've got him eating though he will need a balanced diet to grow properly and be healthy.

The kitten does not need any rice. Rice (or any grains) is not good for cats.
That was a Fish called "Ilish" like salmon. I just quick stream that fish, not raw.. also give some rice with mix for now.. Tomorrow i will go for a search of his Cat Food, wish me a luck if it get something

Old 07-28-2020, 06:05 PM

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times
Best wishes, & enjoy your new companion I hope you can find some cat food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats