Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 05:41 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times

Advertisements

I have it under the sink in the spare bathroom (in the cabinet) .

So often I think, if only she did not need a litter box. I realize how dumb that is, but still........

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 04:07 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times
I have it the closet of the main bathroom. It is a big closet and the litter box is enclosed so the smell isn't even noticeable and there is no litter thrown on the floor from her.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:45 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,260,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecia View Post
We have two bathrooms so I put the kitty litter in the guest bathroom right next to the toilet. If you have a spare bathroom you rarely use, perhaps you could try putting the litter box in the bathtub or shower stall? My cat kicks up litter EVERYWHERE everytime she uses the litter box. This way the litter is prevented from getting all over the floor.
What a good idea. We have a 2nd bathroom where we use the toilet only usually. I thought about putting it next to the toilet, but I love the idea of having it in the bathtub with the curtain closed so they can just slip in..It can be like thier own private bathroom..hehe

Old 05-21-2008, 10:56 AM

431 posts, read 1,641,278 times
I have mine in the laundry room. i also have a stick vacuum to help control the litter messes.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:26 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
My cat's litterbox is in the guest bathroom, but putting it in the bathtub a great idea! Will have to try it. My laundry room is large enough but is adjacent to the pantry so that is not a good idea. When guests come over, have to move her box to my bedroom behind the closet door. Have large walkin closet, but again, not a good idea. So just clean it out daily and it works for temporary solution.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:28 AM

22,314 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Mine will be going in the laundry room. It's a good size so there won't be any space issues.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:44 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,005,618 times
Laundry room.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:37 PM

355 posts, read 2,402,464 times
I've always put mine in the 'laundry area' of my apts since I've never had my own washer/dryer--so basically next to the kitchen. I have one of those litter tracker mats, too, but it doesn't seem to matter because my baby FLIES out of the litter box & tracks is everywhere it seems! I never notice the smell, either--guess it's part of being a cat owner for 6 years, you don't notice things like that.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:45 AM

36 posts, read 134,914 times
so far, i've kept it in the bathroom, now it's in the balcony

Old 06-02-2008, 11:58 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
My Mr Mouskiewitz passed away but when I had a kitty I kept his box in the laundry room. I use one of the big plastic storage boxes and cut a hole in the side about half way up. Then I put the lid on. Nice big box. Lid keeps stuff from falling in. And the high sides cut down on the sand flinging.
That is the most awesome idea, especially if you have dogs. I may have to make one of those. It seems that I always have ONE cat that wants to drag the litter out onto the ground.

I currently have one on the screened in porch which they have a pet door out to and I have one in my bathroom. I am trying to tame down two cats that I recently adopted and they are at times closed in my bedroom with me at night. I have in the past had one in the laundry room but not at the moment.

I saw this really cool expensive one that has a gravel set up and you hook it into the water supply of your toilet. Its sort of washes the re-useable gravel and then grinds the mess into a slurry (EWW) and then its pumped into the toilet and then you flush the toilet. You never have to scoop it just replace the gravel from time to time. It was expensive but if you have room next to a toilet, its an excellent idea.

I tried once to train my cats to use the toilet. One of them flat out refused but the other two were doing fine. I had to give up because my Fat Basil decided it was a NO GO. I had thought about trying that again. Think how nice that would be. No more litter to buy, no more scooping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats