Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2016, 04:33 PM

23,976 posts, read 10,323,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAmVA View Post
Here are my two sweeties. I got Gracie from the SPCA in August 2015 after my 16 year old Monty passed away. Bolo came home as an 8 week old kitten about a week later. Bolo was abandoned by his mom shortly after he was born and my coworker and his wife hand fed him and his siblings. The adoption counselor at the SPCA told me that Gracie was isolated from the population because she was considered aggressive toward other cats. I told them I may need to bring her back because I had already committed myself to taking Bolo; but that I'd give it a shot.

Needless to say.

TV time...
Bolo wants to play time....
BFF's all the time.....
Both have a great home. That is all that counts at the end of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 06:54 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,705,413 times
We've been working late at night at our shop lately, and Mama Cat has been thrilled. She is showing up earlier, eating, and then plopping herself on her little towel and going to sleep. Here she is under a car that has become her favorite new spot.

Don

Old 07-24-2016, 12:47 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,253,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
We've been working late at night at our shop lately, and Mama Cat has been thrilled. She is showing up earlier, eating, and then plopping herself on her little towel and going to sleep. Here she is under a car that has become her favorite new spot.

Don
She knows who loves her, and I suspect the feeling is mutual.

She's having a much better life because of you guys.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:42 PM

Thanks, Catdad. She is such a sweet little cat and I really wish her boyfriend Smokey was still alive to take care of her. They were inseparable, he was right there every night by her side, protecting her from the other cats. When they had a litter together, she would come and eat while he stayed with the kittens, then she would go back to them and he would come and eat. When he came down with aids it broke our heart that he had to be put down.

But she has survived for over 4 years that we have been feeding her, and seems very healthy. She is also warming up to us a lot more, we can get within inches of her as we put down her food dish. Just wish we could find her a good home, but it would take someone very special and patient.

My son just walked in the door and he said he stopped on his way home from playing to spend some time with her and give her more food. She is more attached to him than me.

Don

Old 07-25-2016, 12:24 PM

838 posts, read 549,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
She's having a much better life because of you guys.
Agreed!

Sorry to hear about her boyfriend. It's terribly sad to see the surviving kitty missing their companion. However, little Miss looks very content on her blankie and being fed on the regular. I can't imagine what it must be for a cat that is constantly on the search for food and water.

When I took my Gracie home from the shelter she was very sweet but she would only let me get so close. She'd jump at any sudden (and not so sudden) movements. Now? She owns me - and my lap. And the only jumping she does is on my hands and feet when they suddenly move under the covers.

Anyway, Mama Cat is very beautiful and I hope one day you will be able to match her up with the perfect forever home. In the meantime, she knows she is loved by you and your family.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:03 PM

On the homefront, Chewy, my son's cat has taken a liking to sleeping on my computer desk while I am on here playing. I have had to put "his" towel on it, and he spends every evening laying on it.

Lucky, my cat, is a little jealous, so he jumps up on my lap and naps there. Sure is hard to type with these two, but I don't have the heart to move them.

Don

And then there is Daisy, who is sleeping on her towel right next to my computer chair. She has to have one foot on my foot.

Last edited by don1945; 08-04-2016 at 11:19 PM..

Old 08-05-2016, 12:51 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,253,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
On the homefront, Chewy, my son's cat has taken a liking to sleeping on my computer desk while I am on here playing. I have had to put "his" towel on it, and he spends every evening laying on it.

Lucky, my cat, is a little jealous, so he jumps up on my lap and naps there. Sure is hard to type with these two, but I don't have the heart to move them.

Don

And then there is Daisy, who is sleeping on her towel right next to my computer chair. She has to have one foot on my foot.
You're not the only one with that 'problem'. I'm always amazed by how many times I have to do a 'work-around' of one of my cats during my daily routine. It's become such a normal fact of life that I don't even think about it anymore. Like you, I always avoid disturbing them unless it's absolutely necessary.

It seems we both have a terminal case of the "smittens" when it comes to our furkids. But there are worse things we could have.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:22 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,203,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
Your can hear this conversation between the cat (Lola) and the dog, (Loki):

that's my spot; THAT'S MY SPOT; THAT'S MY SPOT!!!!

I know this is the CAT forum; but here is a picture of the same dog in my post # 4491; that post was on 6/30/2016 and this is a picture of Loki as of today 8/5/2016.
Attached Thumbnails
Cat pics!!!-loki-8-05-2016.jpg  

Old 08-05-2016, 09:24 PM

Loki is now a teenage pup ! Still hogging the same cat spot though. Very cute pup.

Don

Old 08-10-2016, 03:21 AM

1 posts, read 669 times
http://2.pik.vn/2016ae375e24-4245-4f...e217315a80.jpg
My cat is sleeping =))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats