Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2009, 11:18 AM

158 posts, read 493,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
Was awoken this morning about 5:30a by a screaming cat sound. I ran outside thinking a neighbors cat was being attacked only to find a tiny little love who was scared to death. I think he is about 6 weeks old and is quite a fluff ball. He has extremely thick hair and beautiful markings. I think I'm in love, but dont tell the other cats in the house. This little guy is locked in the office with me. He wont leave my lap and is very frightened of everything going on around him. He is purring right now, which of course makes me feel a little better. I am calling him Sidney ...if you are a Penguins fan, you know who Sidney is. I am making a vets appt to get him checked out, if someone lost him, my apologies but he is very skinny, dirty (took a bit of work to get his ears cleaned out) and had burrs on him...he loved his warm cloth bath and will probably sleep well after eatting all he ate. I keep putting him in the litter box as I am not sure if he has ever seen one before. I need to go to the store to get some kitten food for him, but he wont let me out of his sight...Maybe he will just have to go with me...

Aawww! Hes absolutly lush!! Love the name Sidney! It really suits him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 04:18 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
Sidney has the sweetest little face!

Old 07-03-2009, 06:30 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,044,672 times
iggy the headless cat.......oh, wait til he noticed he was being photographed....then theres his head...i like the one leg curled and the other leg stretched...lol ...he looks so darn harmless.....(faker!!)
Attached Thumbnails
Cat pics!!!-img1103.jpg   Cat pics!!!-img1101.jpg  

Old 07-04-2009, 06:46 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,134,063 times
Sidney had a rough night. I am glad we are going to the vets on Monday morning. He ate well but slept most of yesterday on my lap. He is using his little litter box wonderfully, as I hoped he would. He vomited a few times about 4am. He was in bed with me and hopped out of bed to do it but I then picked up my pillow and blanket and went into our office where his litter box & food is set up away from the other cats....I slept on the floor with him for 3 hours. He didnt want to eat yet this morning but did play for a short bit and is back on my lap sleeping again. I'm so worried that he doesnt feel very well and I may have to just take him into the vets today...thank goodness I take my cats to a 24/7 vets office so they are always there. I will share another pic of him since I took so many..this is from this morning..watching birds out the window...

Old 07-04-2009, 06:49 AM

little fluff Sidney...

Old 07-04-2009, 09:11 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,154,502 times
Quote:
little fluff Sidney...
If you could take him to the vet today it would be wonderful. He's such a cutie and so young yet, the faster the vet can treat him, the better.

Is he eating kitten food? Canned or dry? Maybe he still needs some of that mother's milk that you can buy at the pet store? It might just be the change in diet since you found him.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
little fluff Sidney...
That is a gorgeous face!

Old 07-04-2009, 05:48 PM

Sorry to sabotage this thread...we did go to the vet this morning...shortly after my first post. Sidney weights a whopping 1lb 14oz. He is resting with my son on the couch. Vet thinks he will be okay, gave me some special food and a lovely $130 vet bill...my husband will love me when he gets back into town...
This is my 3rd rescue cat...all had similiar issues so that is why I was going to wait till Mon to take him to the vets...But since he is so tiny and the food and water was not going in, I knew I had to get him to the vets ASAP. When it comes to my animals health....I dont hesitate. Thanks for all your kind words, he is a beauty, and I balled like a baby when they got him to eat at the vets....Guess that means he's a keeper...i'm already in love with him. Keep your fingers crossed, we go back next week for a follow up and to get those important tests, then he will be introduced to my other lovely fur babies. Happy 4th all!

Old 07-04-2009, 07:02 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
high five, Hartwell Girl, and thank you for being a compassionate person, I would have spent the $$$ too, no question about it!

Old 07-05-2009, 06:52 AM

Good news Hartwell Girl! I have 4 cats and 2 dogs so my vet bills are huge even under normal circumstances, not to mention food, Frontline Plus, Heartgard, etc. etc., but....what can you do. They are such wonderful little (and big) fellas. You just do what's right.

Thanks for taking care of this beautiful guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats