Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 12:38 PM

1,188 posts, read 5,532,619 times

Advertisements

Our youngest cat Renzi who is 8 y/o is a spaze! When he gets going into one of his adrenaline moments he can jump straight up into the air at least 4 feet if not more. He's got freakish ups.

Our oldest cat Doobie who is 10 y/o and a big boy...well, it alludes me at this moment his athletic talent other than finding the food bowl. Oh yes! He does like to taunt the neighbor dog and will fence run the dog (lol). Our fence is a 6ft privacy fence. There is no way Doobie can get under the fence and he has never tried to jump the fence. FYI, we supervise his butt when he is out in the backyard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 12:50 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Our cat is a Spynx and very athletic. She can jump amazing distances and walks on her front paws, with her back legs up in the air. She's quite the gymnast. Here is a picture of her jumping from her kitty condo to the couch:
SUPERKITTY! What an awesome cat...lucky you!

Old 01-13-2009, 12:52 PM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,904,356 times
The most my cat can do, besides walk to her food bowl, is stretch her tail and leg out at the same time. When she's not eating or entertaining us with her glamorous poses, she pursues intellectual activities.
Attached Thumbnails
Most athletic thing your cat can do?-athletickitty.jpg   Most athletic thing your cat can do?-scrabblekitty.jpg  

Old 01-13-2009, 01:08 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,441,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVP View Post
The most my cat can do, besides walk to her food bowl, is stretch her tail and leg out at the same time. When she's not eating or entertaining us with her glamorous poses, she pursues intellectual activities.
Dear CVP,

She looks hefty. Are you feeding her dry food? I can spot those dry food diets a mile away...

Old 01-13-2009, 02:04 PM

557 posts, read 2,610,050 times
Our Miss Kitty flies out of tree tops--last summer, under close supervision she'd climb to the top of a 10-12 foot juniper or pinon pine, then launch herself into the air, spreading all 4 legs outward to catch the air. Now that she's a little older (10 mos) she's heavier so might not try that again.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:27 PM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,904,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Dear CVP,

She looks hefty. Are you feeding her dry food? I can spot those dry food diets a mile away...
You're exactly right. She loves Meow Mix and weighs 17 lbs. A few years ago she gained weight but I attributed it to overfeeding her with wet food so I took it away and gave her dry only. I guess that was a mistake, but dry is also easier when we go away overnight and doesn't turn my stomach! She's starting a vet supervised diet this week, but the vet is recommending dry diet food, transitioning over slowly by adding a little bit at a time to her regular food until she's accustomed to it (she's very picky).

Old 01-13-2009, 04:10 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,283,744 times
Quote:
You're exactly right. She loves Meow Mix and weighs 17 lbs. A few years ago she gained weight but I attributed it to overfeeding her with wet food so I took it away and gave her dry only. I guess that was a mistake, but dry is also easier when we go away overnight and doesn't turn my stomach! She's starting a vet supervised diet this week, but the vet is recommending dry diet food, transitioning over slowly by adding a little bit at a time to her regular food until she's accustomed to it (she's very picky).

I hope your vet does't recommend any of the Hill's products (science diet, prescription food, etc.) Most vets are not well versed in nutrition and will only recommend Science Diet because Hill's trains them to.

Why don't you try a good quality, grainless food, like Wellness Core, Orijen, or Taste of the Wild? Since it's high quality, with only human grade ingredients and no fillers, your cat will eat less and lose weight.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:05 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,441,886 times
Quote:
Here's a great website you may want to read about dry food. Cats get addicted to their own brand of dry, so it's VERY hard to switch them. Yes, dry food is easy, but it leads to obesity and a host of other problems. I won't go into it, but if you are interested, you can read about it here. I hope you don't mind my mentioning, but as I say, I can spot those dry food kitties a mile away.

Feeding Your Cat** Know the Basi

Old 01-14-2009, 04:42 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,604,985 times
the most athletic thing one if our cats can do is get stuck in a tree he does it at least once a week

Old 01-14-2009, 06:48 AM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
BoyKitty can jump about five feet in the air straight up. I do wonder what he's leaping at. Doesn't look like anything to me, but I don't have Cat-O-Vision.

GirlKitty, more sleek and lithe than her brother, will leap off the foundation sill in the basement and land halfway across the room without ruffling a whisker. She can also twist her tail into a corkscrew or a question mark, depending upon the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
The only reason she can do that is because she is naked.
A nekkid kitty? Isn't this website supposed to be PG-13??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats