Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 08:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,213 times

Advertisements

Kmste i know it's been years since this thread was formed but i google searched vomiting/ibd and this appeared. I was wondering if there was any results with your research and what happened ultimately with your kitty. My 14 year old persian Cleo was diagnosed with lung disease IBD and an enlarged liver. She went from vomiting occasionally to vomiting nearly after every meal. She also occasionally vomits after a bowel movement. I've tried switching from chicken poultry to veal and beef high quality foods with no fillers/additives. Prednisone, anti vomit meds, probiotics, metamucil nutrical, olive oil, pumpkin... I need help for my girl. She's ravenous, chronically constipated (metamucil in her food helps, so does lactulose). The vet bills are extraordinary with little result. Most of the research I've done is on the internet and at this stage there's little that can be helped. Is there anything that you did that provided relief from her symptoms? Please advise. I've read this entire thread and was still looking for a solution...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 823 times
Default same symptoms! help!

UrbanRelaps : "My 14 year old persian Cleo was diagnosed with lung disease IBD and an enlarged liver. She went from vomiting occasionally to vomiting nearly after every meal. She's ravenous, chronically constipated The vet bills are extraordinary with little result. Most of the research I've done is on the internet and at this stage there's little that can be helped."

I'm desperate, as well...as I see your post is nearly 2 years old. You are the first one that mentions exactly the same symptoms as my cat, Jeepers. I've never heard the term "lung disease IBD" but I was recently told he has asthma and he has a long history with IBD (or IBS can't remember which).

Our nightmare began this summer when he started licking and scratching constantly. My former vet put him on Z/D to see if it was a food allergy. After 2 months I saw no evidence of this helping, but an over-the-counter antihistamine did seem to help.

My current vet diagnosed the "asthma" and now has him on prednisone and suggested I take him off the Z/D. After I did, he had a ferocious reaction to his old beloved friskies patte. I went out and got special kitty and 9lives patte and since he is still throwing up every morning. Oddly enough, moreso BEFORE his breakfast than after!

I'm reaching out to you because the ravenous appetite and constipation are very consistent with my cat and everything else you mentioned. Have you had any luck? I'm totally lost...

Old 12-07-2016, 12:11 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCat50 View Post
UrbanRelaps : "My 14 year old persian Cleo was diagnosed with lung disease IBD and an enlarged liver. She went from vomiting occasionally to vomiting nearly after every meal. She's ravenous, chronically constipated The vet bills are extraordinary with little result. Most of the research I've done is on the internet and at this stage there's little that can be helped."

I'm desperate, as well...as I see your post is nearly 2 years old. You are the first one that mentions exactly the same symptoms as my cat, Jeepers. I've never heard the term "lung disease IBD" but I was recently told he has asthma and he has a long history with IBD (or IBS can't remember which).

Our nightmare began this summer when he started licking and scratching constantly. My former vet put him on Z/D to see if it was a food allergy. After 2 months I saw no evidence of this helping, but an over-the-counter antihistamine did seem to help.

My current vet diagnosed the "asthma" and now has him on prednisone and suggested I take him off the Z/D. After I did, he had a ferocious reaction to his old beloved friskies patte. I went out and got special kitty and 9lives patte and since he is still throwing up every morning. Oddly enough, moreso BEFORE his breakfast than after!

I'm reaching out to you because the ravenous appetite and constipation are very consistent with my cat and everything else you mentioned. Have you had any luck? I'm totally lost...

Raw Feeding for IBD Cats - Home

Don't discount the page just because it's about raw feeding. There is an enormous amount of information on this site whether you feed raw or not. However you will learn about what these highly processed diets do to cats, and you may decide that raw or home cooked meals are best.

One thing there is no compromise on, if you are feeding dry food, you must stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats