Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 05:09 PM

2,856 posts, read 10,429,860 times

Advertisements

My dads friend had a black cat with white mittens on it's paws that had blue eyes. Pretty cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 08:52 PM

7 posts, read 18,474 times
My cat who was a burmese cross had 5 kittens. The first kitten born grew upto to be a wanna be chocolate point traditionl siamese look-a-like with the most beautiful blue eyes, my sister who isn't a fan of cats said her eyes look like crystals. Her brother who I also kept who is a wanna be doll faced persian look-a-like :P he has long black fur but his eye's are just as amazing as his sister's, from out side of the iris to about half way his eyes are dark blue then from there to the outside is a light gold (Not yellow or copper)

Old 07-21-2009, 02:43 PM

132 posts, read 224,012 times
I've sseen alot of black cats with blue eyes!

Old 05-01-2010, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 6,794 times
we have a pure black cat with siamese in it that has blue eyes. He is beautiful! cost is only $3000. oo. potty trained, very friendly. Name him yourself. We call him Frank.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 13,299 times
I have a wedgehead seal point siamese and an applehead blue point siamese and they have recently had a litter of 5. 4 silky pure black kittens and one perfect lynx point. They all currently have the big round siamese blue eyes and the beautiful body shape of the siamese. Its our first litter and I was not expecting this colouring.... has anyone any idea of how rare black siamese are?

Old 10-29-2010, 10:11 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,852,904 times
oh my goodness i bet they are adorable kittens...
id give my right arm for a wedgie oriental.

(siamese of any color than traditional siamese would be either a colorpoint or an oriental, in the case of solid black siams, your actually dealing with orientals realy)
Cat Fanciers' Association: Breed Profile: Oriental

the siam, oriental and colorpoint all used the siam as a base for color breeding programs so its very likley one of your siams comes from oriental lines to get those solid blacks...
btw...i demand pictures and fed ex shipping to connecticut :P

as for the origional question,as others said its rare but possible (and no the cat does not have to have siamese to have blue eyes, many white cats with no siam blood at all have blue eyes...) i wish i were better at genetics as to be able to give you the real details about the blue eyes and resessive colored coats.

interestingly enough...because of the way the black pigment works, a solid black cat is very unlikely to have a solid black kitten...(however the kitten of a solid black cat could have a solid black kitten...lol) so solid black cats arnt as common as say tabbies...
add to that that blue eyes in most breeds and breed mixes is resessive, to get a solid black cat with blue eyes would be difficult...
(but sooooo pretty...!)

Old 11-03-2010, 04:40 PM

2 posts, read 13,299 times
Thanks for the info... and yes they are pretty adorable, my children would see us keep them all!

You'd be welcome to one, but we are in Australia! Although I know that some breeders here do send some of their kittens over to the USA....

They all seem to be keeping the blues eyes at this stage (their about 5 weeks now), I realise the eye colour can keep changing for up to some time, but there is not even a hint of another colour...at what age would you see the eyes starting to changing from the blue, if they were going to?

I get some photos up when I can...thanks for your help.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:51 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,408,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittentalk View Post
Thanks for the info... and yes they are pretty adorable, my children would see us keep them all!

You'd be welcome to one, but we are in Australia! Although I know that some breeders here do send some of their kittens over to the USA....

They all seem to be keeping the blues eyes at this stage (their about 5 weeks now), I realise the eye colour can keep changing for up to some time, but there is not even a hint of another colour...at what age would you see the eyes starting to changing from the blue, if they were going to?

I get some photos up when I can...thanks for your help.

I'm trying to remember....It has been awhile since we have any kittens without blue eyes. (All our litters are Pointed and all Pointed cats have blue eyes) But I believe they will start (if they change...and I'm guessing they will) at around 7-8 weeks. By 12 weeks...their eye color will be evident.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:31 PM

399 posts, read 2,253,174 times
ojos azules cats can be black with blue eyes

Old 11-05-2010, 02:18 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,825,170 times
Every black cat I've seen has yellow/orange/hazel/green eyes. I suppose blue eyes are possible, though.

My black cats look like this

and this one

It would be interesting to see a black cat with blue eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats