U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 09:10 PM

321 posts, read 817,204 times

Advertisements

How can people be so stupid?

My daughter's friend just told me that when she moved out of her house, she couldn't take her cat with her. So she took her cat - who by the way was pregnant - and dumped it in a field. No food, no water, no shelter and obviously scared to death because the girl said the cat was crying as her owner left.

I am crying so hard right now, I can hardly see the keyboard.

I freakin hate people like her and I told my daughter she isn't welcome here anymore!

I'm sorry I just had to vent
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 09:18 PM

1,055 posts, read 3,989,746 times
That is disgusting. I wouldn't want to have anything to do with that family either. For someone to think that is right is just beyond me.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:25 PM

321 posts, read 817,204 times
The worst thing about this situation is that the cat was dumped in a field, pregnant, in the middle of a Canadian winter. She apparently wanted to give the cat to me, but didn't ask me. I would have taken her in a heartbeat. The weather in this area has been brutal for the whole winter - freezing temperatures, lots of snow.

That poor cat. I just want to throw up

Old 03-30-2009, 09:25 PM

2,788 posts, read 7,731,876 times
That is how we ended up with our kitty for 11 wonderful years. She was dumped on our dead end road bordering the woods. Being a white cat she stood out as she darted from cottage to cottage around this mostly seasonal camp road. If we hadn't taken her in she would have been coyote food. we never did identify the culprit....in fact we didn't put two and two together about the unidentified vehicle we had seen briefly earlier in the season. Sadly people do this all the time here near the woods.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:31 PM

10,090 posts, read 40,994,903 times
That is heartless!

Old 03-30-2009, 11:12 PM

190 posts, read 527,074 times
CAN ANYONE GO TO THE FIELD AND LOOK FOR THE POOR KITTY.???? PLEASE PLEASE CANT SOMEONE GO LOOK FOR HER. How long ago did this happen?? God, if I lived there I would be looking everyday for her. Also, someone should inform that B***H that there are places called animal shelters that take animals no questions asked. I hope your daughter reads that stupid B***H the riot act. I am so mad and so upset right now I could just scream. I HATE HATE HATE HATE DEMONS LIKE THIS DISGUSTING WASTE OF A LIFE. I refrain from calling her a person or a female because shes not human. And I wouldnt give her the dignity of calling her an animal because ANIMALS dont abandon their own. YOU ought to report her to your local ASPCA so she can be arrested for animal cruelty. You may want to reprt it anyway, because the ASPCA may have the resources to look for her/set up a trap etc. especially if you let them know the poor thing is pregnant.
I tell you one thing, if I lived there I would print up flyers telling everone who she is and what she did so everyone in the are would know wha a piece of crap she is.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:17 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,545,381 times
People are idiotic. I grew up on a small family farm, basically 11 acres in the middle of a burgeoning suburban area. People would dump their cats there ALL THE TIME. They'd think that they were going to leave their cat and it was going to live some kind of idyllic farm life or something, not realized there were already a ton of cats, very few mice/food, and a busy highway in front.

How old is this girl? I wonder if her parents didn't know she had it, or if they are just as irresponsible.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:38 PM

19,856 posts, read 63,459,707 times
So sad, I am crying too. Poor little girl, alone and pregnant.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:22 AM

866 posts, read 2,198,323 times
An ex gf of mine moved out of her apartment (without telling anybody, including the landlord) and left her cat there. The cat was left alone in the place for over two weeks. Luckily, the cat was rescued, and her folks took the cat in. People can be so stupid sometimes. My ex also stole my car in the process, but that's another thread for another time.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:34 AM

1,797 posts, read 2,729,010 times
There is nothing on the face of the earth that destroys me the way stories like this do. I agree, someone should make an effort to find the cat. If the cat is hungry, which she probably is, she should come right away to anyone with food. Why not at least try this? It's so worth it.

People need to stop thinking pets are DISPOSABLE and REPLACEABLE. They have feelings that are just as valid as ours, added to the fact that they are completely innocent. They feel pain and they feel loss. There is no valid reason to check one into your life and casually check one out. Pets are not hotel rooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats