U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:36 PM

42,759 posts, read 49,986,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeluvr View Post
Well, we made the trip to the Vet today and I have to say it was the least traumatic it has ever been. My cat carrier is a small net and leather one that has a relatively narrow opening compared to others I have used. So following the good advice from forum members, I placed the carrier on a chair in the living room, open side up about a week ago. This morning I put on a pair of heavy ski gloves, and then with soft strokes and melodious crooning, picked up my little sweetie. Held his front legs together and his back legs together and put him into the carrier rear end first. Pushed his head in (a couple of times) and zipped it shut.
WOW! This was so much easier for both of us than anything I've tried before. I got zero scratches and he didn't moan all the way to the vet.

Funny thing is that, after being examined and getting his shots, he runs right into the carrier on his own. Now it's a place safe from the doggies who were also visiting the Vet.
Awww i'm glad you figured it out...glad kitty is happy too!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats