U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2009, 02:49 PM

1,220 posts, read 3,661,000 times

Advertisements

My nine year old Tabby Zelda has refused to play with her toys. She totally ignores me trying to play with her. Suddenly she does not find them interesting. Two are new! She is healthy, eating and purring etc, just like before, but not playing. She normally is very very playful and cries if I do not play with her!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 03:57 PM

2,000 posts, read 3,728,622 times
Have you tried a laser light with her? I have five cats and three of them love it. Maybe a trip to the vet if she keeps ignoring her toys. When there's a change in their behavior it usually means something is up with them. It may not even be a medical problem. Have there been any changes in the household? Changes in your normal routines? Mine don't even like when we move the furniture around!

Old 08-15-2009, 04:06 PM

It may be my new laptop computer! Then she cries every time I go take a shower!

Old 08-16-2009, 11:15 AM

2,000 posts, read 3,728,622 times
Did you switch from a desk top to the lap top? She might be jealous! Cats are such amazing little critters. They are very sensitive and so attuned to their surroundings that it can be the slightest change in their environment that causes them a change in their behavior. You said she cries when you go take a shower...do you keep her out of the bathroom? I have 5 cats and I've learned mine don't like closed doors if I'm in that room. They will try to beat the door down. So I only close them out of a room if I'm changing sheets. It is impossible to change sheets with 5 cats helping!

Old 08-16-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
Did you switch from a desk top to the lap top? She might be jealous! Cats are such amazing little critters. They are very sensitive and so attuned to their surroundings that it can be the slightest change in their environment that causes them a change in their behavior. You said she cries when you go take a shower...do you keep her out of the bathroom? I have 5 cats and I've learned mine don't like closed doors if I'm in that room. They will try to beat the door down. So I only close them out of a room if I'm changing sheets. It is impossible to change sheets with 5 cats helping!
That darn Cat! She is sooo funny! After I put the Laptop away, she slowly began playing, but then I wen to bed. This morning she was meowing and begging to play, so I played for a few minutes until I left for the Library to do....! EEECH some work on my Laptop! of all the nerve. You are right kitties are soooo smart. I took a quiz from a Cat book and it said she was a mastermind! As for the shower, she for some reasons cries! She really hates when I take a bath. I keep the door open as I live alone and sometimes she will be laying on the bathmat when I get out! She is sooo cute! Oh, just remember that when I change sheets, she loves to get on the bed and hide under them. Kitties all do that I believe.

Last edited by Artsywoman; 08-16-2009 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: additions

Old 08-16-2009, 12:51 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,013,285 times
One of my three cats panics when someone is taking a bath at our house. She goes into these meowing fits and jumps on the legde of the bathtub and tries to lick you dry.

We leave the door cracked open and cats come in, cats come out. Or they leer at us from the toilet or the sink.

But one of my three will sit on the ledge and be your bath guard.

As for changing my sheets? One of mine has figured out how to open the door.......so i'm constantly throwing out that one. The other one, the panics when you take a bath cat, will sit in the middle of the bed and strike up a conversation as you're trying to change the sheets. She sneaks in as the other one is getting tossed out.

As for bath guard, when you change a sheet he is either watching care less about it.

However, once the new sheets are on, they all seem to graviate to the bed........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats