U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:53 PM

14,545 posts, read 19,458,004 times

Advertisements

In the memorable several months the "cat thing" was around here last year I know my cat saw something and didn't like it. The cat thing was not a cat but a dark spirit who liked appearing as a cat. I distinctly remember being in my office and seeing a black cat and reaching down to pet it. As it got close it vanished and I was rather shaken to notice that my cat was asleep. But she woke and started hunting the room.

The cat thing was banished with a house clensing (ceder smoke and smoke detectors going off lol) and my cat hasn't really done much since then. But one of the passed on that comes to visit here, an ancient old spirit, just has her sit and stare. She doesn't notice the woman in the kitchen who was probably the first owner. I notice her mostly when she likes or dislikes something new in the kitchen.

I'm sure my cat sees more than "living" beings. One night the spirit that still hangs in the bedroom was annoyed and she would NOT go in the bedroom. When I picked her up and brought her in she hid before she could run out. Its an animal spirt that just likes the company but guess it wasn't a good day. My dogs have also reacted to the visitors and its very interesting how different they react from the cat.

Its said that small children, and pets are more likely to see the ghosts among us because they haven't been convinced that ghosts are imaginary. They see what is there and don't selectively not see it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 08:13 AM

4,837 posts, read 12,434,970 times
"The Sixth Sense" was only a movie
But animals' perceptions definitely can be eerie. My "Weasie," 17 years old and doing fine, was originally delivered to me at the age of about four months, along with her brother. They and their litter sibling(s) had been tossed into a ventilated box and dumped in an apartment-house lobby. Not that that's relevant. She and "Puppy" were surprise early Christmas gifts on December 4th, 1992. After allowing them to grow acclimated to their indoor surroundings for a month or so, I started to let them go out for brief explorations of the neighborhood. They knew where home was, and had struck up acquaintances with people on the block.
On a Saturday morning in March of '93, Puppy went outside. I grew concerned after about an hour, because it was one of those days when the whole world looks gray. A major snowstorm was moving into Massachusetts, bad enough that people had been ordered to stay off the roads. While the flakes fell heavier and faster, I roamed the surrounding area calling his name to no avail. Hoping that he'd found shelter or been taken in by people who knew him, I reluctantly abandoned the search once the blizzard got intense enough to barely be able to see forward through. When I arrived back at the house, Weasie was frantically dashing around the rooms. She'd peed on the living-room rug and on an upholstered chair, and couldn't be calmed or quieted. As I tried to soothe her, I phoned around to the city's Animal Control office and to every rescue place. Flyers were drawn up, and I distributed them for blocks around the next day. Puppy was never found. The freaky thing about all this was, Weasie had an abrupt mood change later in the day once I'd posted the flyers. She would sit in one spot and howl, refusing food. During the ensuing two weeks or so, the howling and wailing and not eating continued. That cat knew her beloved brother wouldn't be coming home again.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:33 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,971,862 times
We had two cats, brought up together. When Buttons was dying, Puff would wrap himself around him to comfort him and keep him warm--it was winter, the house was chilled no matter what we set the temp to, and Buttons had lost most of his body fat.

When Buttons died, Puff sniffed him, poked him with his paw, looked confused, then sat back on his hind legs and yowled, and, there were actual tears in his eyes, some said it was just a discharge, but they were tears. We buried Buttons in the backyard, Puff spent his days sleeping on the grave spot, probably could smell him through the ground, Puff would go back to the spot Buttons died, sniff, paw, then yowl, he did that for many years until one day he died, right in the same spot Buttons died, just a spot in the dining room, next to the heat register, perhaps because he liked the heat, but he never forgot his companion and grieved for him until the day he died.

Anyone who thinks animals don't have emotions has never been bonded to animals like these.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:20 PM

519 posts, read 1,299,812 times
I have 2 cats, and 2 dogs and they are as much my babies as my kids are! However we tragicaly lost 2 dogs within a month of each other, one was elderly and died in my arms at 15yrs, and the other a collie was only 2, she was run over by the father inlaw and then our old vet killed her from there(really long story but she could have been saved had it not been for ignorance)anyhow 4th of July we lost her, she was one of the most amazing dogs I have ever had, she had to be tucked in at night. But the really amazing thing is we have her niece, Miss Maddie, and also another collie, Molly.
Long story, sorry, my daugher 2 years ago was in the shower and I was outside and she came running out to the garage and was screaming and shaking so bad and I could hardly understand her and she was white as a ghost, she had seen our 2 dogs in the bathroom with her, this was before we got the other dogs, and I told her that they new she misses them and was their to comfort her, its funny when we take pics around the house their are always 2 orbes floating in the pics in the house but no where else.
I beleive her because I have seen my own ghost yrs ago in Colorado, scared the living snot out of me still remeber like it was just yesterday, sitting in a rocking chair was an older woman when I sat up to look at her she jumped through the wall, like I scared her as much as she scared me, needless to say I did not sleep in that room the rest of the time we were their.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats