U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2009, 02:25 AM

1,450 posts, read 3,922,225 times

Advertisements

Ok, many years ago, we had a cat who was very bonded to us and slept between us. One night, shortly after moving into a new home, I heard her growl, turned and saw a sahdowy figure in the bedroom doorway. She hissed and the thing diasppeared. My husband said he didn't wake up, I must have been dreaming.

but it happened 3 more times, 2x in that house, and once in another house we moved to. All; three times she growled and hissed upon seeing a shadow figure waling into the bedroom. The last time, she didn't react right away, so the thing walked further into the bedroom and actually stood at the foot of my husbands' bed. At that point she growled and I sat right up and said to the thing "What do you want" Go away" I knew I wasn't sleeping, it wasn't a dream.

We never saw the shadow-ghost again, but I insisted my husband go for a physical. He had 2 partially blocked coronary arteries, no pain as yet, but close on his way to a fatal heart attack. He had stents put in to repair the arteries, fine since then. Was the shadow-ghost trying to warn us of his health problems? Or was he the grim reaper come to call and our cat scared him off? Or Am I reading too many horror novels?

Whatever, the story is real, draw your own conclusions!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 07:04 AM

672 posts, read 4,887,846 times
Personally I don't believe in ghosts, I do however believe in Demons. I suppose that is a bit off topic if I go on talking about that. I also believe that cats and animals in general can sense things in a higher level than humans can.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:18 AM

158 posts, read 456,789 times
I think your cat probably did see a ghost of some variety. My dog did the same a few mnts ago, although unlike you, I thought I was dreaming as I was speaking to my granny! Only in this dream (or what I thought was a dream) she went to stroke Baker who was on the end of the bed and Baker started to bark! Was quite bazzare!

Old 08-21-2009, 08:56 AM

4,033 posts, read 9,241,154 times
I used to have a problem blow drying my hair in the bathroom. It first started when I was a teenager and continued for about 10 years. For some reason, I always had a feeling that someone was standing behind me. This also happened sometimes when I was just standing in front of the bathroom mirror. And only in the houses that I grew up in.
Then I got my dog. And ever since then, I have never had that feeling. So, yeah, I do think that animals can see spirits, and I think that animals do not like them, which makes me a bit uneasy.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:26 AM

1,351 posts, read 3,779,590 times
Hallucinations can be very real. While you were seeing ghosts and hearing growls, kitty was probably fast asleep! LOL!!

Old 08-21-2009, 02:30 PM
bjh

38,996 posts, read 25,736,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
I used to have a problem blow drying my hair in the bathroom. It first started when I was a teenager and continued for about 10 years. For some reason, I always had a feeling that someone was standing behind me. This also happened sometimes when I was just standing in front of the bathroom mirror. And only in the houses that I grew up in.
Being in an electro-magnetic field can make a person feel like they are sensing something extra-sensory. The hair dryer can cause that feeling, especially since it is used near the head. It's possible that physically maturing eventually reduced teh sensation.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:49 PM

4,538 posts, read 8,473,571 times
When I was a kid, every once in awhile our cat would suddenly jerk his head up from a drowsy snooze, and with big eyes look up in the air at "something." My Dad would say "a flock of 'em just went over." Dad had several funny sayings about our cats, one was "the fur baby" which I've since heard others say. The other was "the rabbits." When our cat would do that thing where they suddenly run around the house like crazy, he would say the kitty "has the rabbits"

Old 08-21-2009, 04:17 PM

4,033 posts, read 9,241,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Being in an electro-magnetic field can make a person feel like they are sensing something extra-sensory. The hair dryer can cause that feeling, especially since it is used near the head. It's possible that physically maturing eventually reduced teh sensation.
No, that wasn't it. But that's a good theory.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:06 PM

343 posts, read 717,440 times
I had a cat that would sit on the bed and meow "at something he saw" on the wall.
There was NOTHING there, no pictures, no headboard, nadda.
He did this for years! It was the only spot he ever did that.
Very weird. He acted like he could see something we didn't.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:39 PM

23,417 posts, read 33,601,186 times
My kitties do crazy stuff like that all the time, as a matter of fact, I am watching Chaos stalk something invisible on the wall right now......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats